Playing around with the 2.7 software (ECU and TCU) - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

RTB this is a new area for me so it will be "steady as she goes" for me , but in the unlikely event that I hit on some great revelation that AdrianD and JeanLuke miss you can rest assured that I will give total disclosure !!!
By the way I meant to thank you for all those links you posted a few pages back...taken me till now to read them and take some of it in!!!
Anyhow the thread goes on--I am sure JeanLuke will fire up soon when he gets a chance to try out the new toy.
Not sure if AdrianD will have any spare time at the moment trying to build his new house while the Russians are blowing the crap out of his neighbours !!! Our thoughts are with you AdrianD, wish we could help more.
Old 06-04-2022
Back again

Liked 64 Times in 54 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post
D'oh! Wrong hardware! I accidentally ordered a breakout cable. Correct one ordered.

Sent from my moto g( plus using Tapatalk
Well that sucks.............. Does this mean we need to wait another month to hear if the V21 works??
Old 06-04-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Just read your post JeanLuke...bad luck, I was even disappointed so can guess you were twice as deflated.
Old 06-04-2022
Back again

Liked 64 Times in 54 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oclock View Post
RTB this is a new area for me so it will be "steady as she goes" for me , but in the unlikely event that I hit on some great revelation that AdrianD and JeanLuke miss you can rest assured that I will give total disclosure !!!
By the way I meant to thank you for all those links you posted a few pages back...taken me till now to read them and take some of it in!!!
Anyhow the thread goes on--I am sure JeanLuke will fire up soon when he gets a chance to try out the new toy.
Not sure if AdrianD will have any spare time at the moment trying to build his new house while the Russians are blowing the crap out of his neighbours !!! Our thoughts are with you AdrianD, wish we could help more.
Nice words there 5oclock. All the best to you and yours' AdrianD.

5oclock, don't ever undervalue your potential contributions. Sometimes it is the new guys that come up with the revelations. That's why I'm here just like you. New to car tuning, but keen to learn. Back when I worked for a living I used to like having apprentices with me when we were doing troubleshooting. Too many times I found us old blokes thought we knew what we were doing and would over complicate things. The apprentice would come in, ask the obvious question, and solve the problem. Fresh eyes are invaluable.

Now that you've read the links, did you want to explain it to me?? The whole purpose of this thread is for many brains to see what can be done.
Old 06-04-2022
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 280 Times in 224 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Just read your post JeanLuke...bad luck, I was even disappointed so can guess you were twice as deflated.
I'm more annoyed at myself than disappointed. I simply picked the wrong option on ordering. New one is due early May, but based on the speed of delivery last order I could have it much sooner.

Yeah, RTB, more waiting. Sorry.
Old 07-04-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 233 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Thank you, thank you

I'll do my best, wife ordered me to go on an offroad trip just to unwind. I almost got robbed of $4000 in building materials, just barely managed to get them delivered, so stress levels have been through the roof.

Bonus is that I will get to test my new cooling updates and see if there are any changes. Terrain is apparently very gnarly (ice, spring mud, rocks), hopefully the Jeep remains in one piece, it's now my only means of transportation

RTB, to add to that fresh eyes experience, even having a set of ears listening helps a lot in figuring out problems by yourself just by explaining

I'm sad that both you and JeanLuke have had such bad luck with the tools. I've sent a TCU to Israel with EMS, it arrived in around 5 days. Do you guys want me to check for KESS and MPPS V13 locally? I could buy and test then send them to you via EMS.

The KESS interface with breakout connector is what you want for TCU tuning.

Now on the TCU side, I want even more torque ramp-up, 3-4 accelerating hard uphill feels quite crisp at 3000rpm.
And the torque reduction for 3-4 at low throttle is making the famous 3-4 flare show up, so I will try to play around with that some more.

Last edited by Adrian D; 07-04-2022 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-04-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 233 Times in 190 Posts

RTB, you mentioned PIDs, I suspect I have a PID for transmission temperature!
Other than that, nothing interesting, there's no engine oil temperature sensor and the engine oil pressure sensor is bollocks anyway....
Post New Thread  Reply