2009 MJOC JEEP muster - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Australian Club Scene > Melbourne Jeep Owners Club
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-03-2009
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

yes there are heaps
Old 17-03-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a note the Otway area is like the high county, but if its wet it is very slippery indeed (fun) The area is also very pretty as the bush can be very scrubby forest.
Old 17-03-2009
AJOR Silver

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushy View Post
Just a note the Otway area is like the high county, but if its wet it is very slippery indeed (fun) The area is also very pretty as the bush can be very scrubby forest.
Good explanation.It is like the high country, there are some very steep hills to be found in down there.But it is important to remember that unlike alot of the high country, when it gets wet in the Otways you will have zero traction.With or without lockers and super swampers.Chanins have been known to help though.But I'm sure you guys will work something out.Have fun
Old 17-03-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep the place after rain is mostly A grade at times, the old Wye River track comes to mind havent been able to cover it either direction yet owing to a damn big mud hole about the middle of it, last time it was like a big pigs wallow full of mud and slop about 3 ft deep, we had stock cars so a lift, muddies and a winch would be helpful. I have been bogged twice at the top of the track where Wye River RD is lol This was in my TJ, havent adventured ther yet with Dobee.

I love the area.

Last edited by Lushy; 17-03-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 17-03-2009
Rock Munki

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Details of the event can be found http://www.mjoc.org.au/level2.php?he...ure_events.php

or get a registration form

http://www.mjoc.org.au/pdf/MJOC%20Mu...ion%20form.pdf

Book in promises to be a great weekend - all Jeep owners welcome - you do not need to be a member of a club or have driver training to attend

The event is getting great support from the 4wd community and lots of media covering the event - So lets aim for 100 jeeps in a great prelude to the 2010 Jambo
Old 17-03-2009
AJOR Silver

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushy View Post
Yep the place after rain is mostly A grade at times, the old Wye River track comes to mind havent been able to cover it either direction yet owing to a damn big mud hole about the middle of it, last time it was like a big pigs wallow full of mud and slop about 3 ft deep, we had stock cars so a lift, muddies and a winch would be helpful. I have been bogged twice at the top of the track where Wye River RD is lol This was in my TJ, havent adventured ther yet with Dobee.

I love the area.
An oldie but a goodie I think the last we ventured all the way along that track was probably back in the 80's.I have some foggy memories of it, all of which include large bogholes.I think the Geelong 4wd club went along there a few christmas's ago, when we were camping in the Otways.I overheard them on my UHF,with some interesting commentry when tackling that boghole.Might I suggest taking a perescope if you take that track.Close by to Wye River track in the old Jeep track, it's much the same.Monster bogholes and I think there was the odd hillclimb or 2.

Jeez I miss the Otways, sooo many good tracks.I can find my way around the Otways better than I can in Cairns.But anyway, I'm sure everyone will have a great time down there.Just remember to take your nerves of steel
Old 19-03-2009
Rock Munki

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Registration Bag contents will be better than last year

you will all get

A jeep bag filled with
A MJOC Muster stubby holder
Jeep stickers
Jeep tattoos
Jeep drinking bottles
Jeep egrip for mobile phone