What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1118 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-04-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Just drove it.
The best its run since I got it.
Starts first click.
All is good until the next problem happens.
Old 29-04-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Trans mount I bought on this site and rear shaft unis, had to do one - so bought 2. $20 bucks each why not... BSC are good guys, I got the axle bearings there too - cheap! Good service. Rear axle bearings are a cinche if you are considering it. Bought my XJ cheap because the caryard couldnt sell such a LOUD diff in the car... He knocked 700 bucks off because of the diff noise. BSC bearings were about $40 each side - I did the change in my driveway with basic tools and swearing. Do not believe the service book diff oil amount- fill until it runs out the hole...! Then seal the sucker, I ran the diff breather up into the back of the rear light area and stuck a little filter on the end to keep any sh*t out. Chucked a Z9 filter on and did a quick oil change - REPCO $20 oil & filter - better than the stealership service!

Last edited by HemiJeep; 29-04-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 29-04-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,113 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruggz351 View Post
Ripped the dash out, replaced fuses and ran the test light and multimeter over everything to discover the headlight switch is buggered.

Meh.

Oh, ps, was chasin a reason for no dash lights...
I have one if you need a switch...

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 29-04-2012
Established Member

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieds83 View Post
Just finished replacing the diff oils, engine oil and filter. Will do trans next week.
Snap. I did exactly the same.
Old 02-05-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

Just replaced the rear brake shoes. OMG, after I pulled one spring off and the lot fell on the ground I was ready to call in a mechanic, but after comparing the left to the right I managed to put it back together. Even works too but the handbrake is so-so, I'll fix that next week when I replace the fluid. Did the rotors and pads last week. Everyone that drives my car complains about the brakes.
Old 02-05-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
Just replaced the rear brake shoes. OMG, after I pulled one spring off and the lot fell on the ground I was ready to call in a mechanic, but after comparing the left to the right I managed to put it back together. Even works too but the handbrake is so-so, I'll fix that next week when I replace the fluid. Did the rotors and pads last week. Everyone that drives my car complains about the brakes.
the hand brake should be good if the rear drum are adj proply i found i never have to touch hand brake cable adj

i did a total brake fluid flush and swaped in a braided rear brake line and changed front pads and did the proporshing valve mod the box next the the master cyl about the sive of a box of matches google it if you wish ill try to find the link and my brakes came up great before i did this they where very weak and spongy andway bill you got me number give us a call if ya need or want a hand to flush and bleed brakes or show ya how to adj the drums cheers daz

(easyest way to tel if drums need adj is if the brake pedal goes down a long way before ya stop)

Last edited by dazza96; 02-05-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-05-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I did my rear brakes a while ago with a lot of swearing and putting things in backwards, eventually got it all back together, I could rebuild them with my eyes shut now. Big thing for me was the drums themselves, they were that flogged out that even with new pads and the adjusters wound all the way out the rear brakes were doing next to nothing.
Post New Thread  Reply