What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1144 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisins78 View Post
I know, and while i do live in a small country town, i still like to keep my cars as unattractive to the fuzz as possible. so any mods i do i try to keep them as close to legal, or at least not noticeable.
HIDs will be very noticable no matter how much you adjust the aim because the housing and reflector for a normal light bulb is not designed for a HID bulb and so the light is reflected differently.

Look at doing the headlight loom upgrade. It's easy and legal and you'll probably be surprised at how effective it is.
Old 02-06-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,590 Times in 4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
I had the lid of my IP today. It had started to leak when the engine was very cold. The rubber seal had gone hard & shrunk. Swapped it for the one out of my spare IP ~ it was like new. Will see in the morning if it worked.
Well guess what ? It 1/2 fixed it!!
So today I removed the alloy body with the electronics in it.
No big deal.
There is a rod with a ball end that engages in what looks like the rack control. it just lifts off.
The rubber seal was shrunken & hard like the top one & so I replaced it.
Each time I have been using a smear of Hylomar on the seal to help.
All back together now.
Only problem is it looks like the calibration for the fuel consumption read out is done by moving the body forward or back. It is indicating 20% worse consumption than before. Will adjust it one day.
Old 03-06-2012
RubiconSlammer

Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

so yeasterday i noticed that the injector pump that i fitted to my white XJ was on a lean towards the engine.

so i pulled the alternator out lossened the pump, leveled it out,
put everything back together, fired her up, little bit of white smoke,
went for a burn around the block, goes so much better, blows no smoke anymore at idel, does blow a bit when you put your foot down, a nice little cloud of black smoke
so i think the pump still needs some fine turning.
or just needs a good run in, or could be the diesel as ive got no idear how long its been in the tank for.

but its no longer sluggish up to 2000rpm.

after driving the white one i think my green one is very slow.
Old 03-06-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 87 Times in 60 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmonster View Post
so yeasterday i noticed that the injector pump that i fitted to my white XJ was on a lean towards the engine.

so i pulled the alternator out lossened the pump, leveled it out,
put everything back together, fired her up, little bit of white smoke,
went for a burn around the block, goes so much better, blows no smoke anymore at idel, does blow a bit when you put your foot down, a nice little cloud of black smoke
so i think the pump still needs some fine turning.
or just needs a good run in, or could be the diesel as ive got no idear how long its been in the tank for.

but its no longer sluggish up to 2000rpm.

after driving the white one i think my green one is very slow.
I put muddies on ine for the weekend & i know it is not as economical as with my road tyres.
You have 33's, that would make a big difference to the get up & go factor M.M.

Eddy
Old 03-06-2012
RubiconSlammer

Liked 821 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfedek View Post
I put muddies on ine for the weekend & i know it is not as economical as with my road tyres.
You have 33's, that would make a big difference to the get up & go factor M.M.

Eddy
i dont ever remember mine going that well, i might swap the tyres on to mine and see how it goes.
the 33's are getting pretty worn out and Mr Police man might make some money
Old 04-06-2012
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 125 Times in 99 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Not today, but on Saturday I finished my rear storage draweres http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=115753
Old 04-06-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
Should be ok, the blue/purple ones are bloody annoying and obvious.
I am not making them anymore but the headlight loom upgrade that I was making fixed all the issues with the headlights and kept it legal, I am still running the stock 60/55's and the headlights are great, now, mine used to awfully yellow and dull so I thought I would pull the globes and fit larger ones, ie 130/90's and guess what? They already were!!!!
Yerr I was running 130s with a GoJeep loom, similar to JJs except no wires for spotties. Both mine blew a few weeks ago so I went back to the 55/60s and can not wait to stick the new 130s back in. I am just waiting for the new inserts to arrive, so I can do the job once not twice. I really miss my 90w lows. With them I vertualy never used high beam, hence why only the low beam blew.

Regards A