What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1188 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Element-RB, its worth painting the rivets black as it looks better - i have the same

[QUOTE=Element-RB;1484980]Install an eBay snorkel last night.

No issues at all, though i did decide to workout the template placement myself. if i had have gone with the instructions it would have been tight.

Will be applying sikaflex to the inside of the airbox tonight to make sure it has a good solid seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 13-08-2014
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Added the Daystar dash top today as I wanted somewhere to mount the tablet/gps but I don't like windscreen mounts and wanted it to be easily removed.

Then I covered the upright with velcro, looks like carpet

A couple of pieces on the back of my tablet, which normally lives in a case so not noticeable when out of the Jeep, and I have a nice solid mount but easily removed.

I'll hardwire a USB plug in to the jeep and have it more discrete so it doesn't run up the front of the dash.

Works well with 'Torque' as well.

Cheers
Steve
Old 13-08-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Brennan View Post
Wheeler33, what rack is that ? Are you sure the fibreglass will support the weight ?
Sweet rack huh not mine tho, I was just quoting another dudes post to get the name of his flares. Unsure of brand - sorry!
Old 14-08-2014

What Jeep do I drive?: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewaldo View Post
Hey mate, do you remember which snorkle on eBay you bought? And are you happy with the fit, finish an material quality?

Cheers
Hey bud, yeah its one from seller ozexplorers:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....X:eRTM:AU:1123

Was $125, i picked up from them direct, saved $30 on shipping due to the size of the box. Very happy with the fit etc. Fit the snorkel first, then gauge the cut location. Happy to measure exactly where i cut if you like. The 19mm they suggest is too short.

The quality of the product seems fair for the price. Was missing a large hose clamp to fit the head to the snorkel, but i had spares =)

Cheers,

Element-RB
Old 14-08-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

So this week I've installed a CB UHF radio.
I've managed to install in a subtle location between the seat and centre console. I like this spot as its easy to reach but unobtrusive. It does mean however that the inbuilt speaker is somewhat muffled. So today I installed an extension speaker behind the panel under the steering wheel. It fits nicely and faces up through the vent. Much more audible and clear! I've simply used 3M double sided tape for the whole install

Very happy so far!

Dave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cb1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	69071   Click image for larger version

Name:	cb2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	69072   Click image for larger version

Name:	cb3.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	69073  
Old 14-08-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element-RB View Post
Hey bud, yeah its one from seller ozexplorers:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....X:eRTM:AU:1123

Was $125, i picked up from them direct, saved $30 on shipping due to the size of the box. Very happy with the fit etc. Fit the snorkel first, then gauge the cut location. Happy to measure exactly where i cut if you like. The 19mm they suggest is too short.

The quality of the product seems fair for the price. Was missing a large hose clamp to fit the head to the snorkel, but i had spares =)

Cheers,

Element-RB
Thanks Element-RB!
Old 15-08-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 128 Times in 63 Posts

Twin ARB Locked. Onboard Compressor and Rock Sliders. Feels good Lockers work great.

Our Offroad Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/go4x4media
Post New Thread  Reply