Aftermarket parts - Page 12 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2010

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dayco Serpentine drive belt from coventrys $70... Part No. 6PK2415
Old 12-10-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I Need a fan clutch for my 2.8 diesel cherokee 03 mod , any aftermarket or other clutch off another car to fit so that i will not get ripped off ? or should i just get rid of clutch and put a fixed hi flow flex fan as mentioned in other forums ?
Old 12-10-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default fan clutch

Some comment removed, when I have something more definitive on Fan clutches ill update it here.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE.

And from a friend in Russia, the fellas over they are using gear from this site, some going electric but I notice there are fan clutches in the website home page.

http://www.haydenauto.com/ROOT-Home/Content.aspx#

ANOTHER UPDATE.

Im currently working with a company in Italy who builds glow plugs, so we will have another source of 5 volt glow plugs like the ones in our 2007 kj crd, the original is a bosch and its part number is 0 250 402 003 (001 and 002 went into audi, vw and bmw). The prototypes should be here in oz soon. Another company in Taiwan wants me to send a replaced one too so they can produce them to spec.

if you are chasing a alternator decoupler, the litens hex type try here http://www.americanenginesco.com/ser...s/Detail<br /> Order online here, Ben will probably help you out, its under $120 AUD shipped to your door.
ALSO HERE ARE SOME ALTERNATE PART NUMBERS FOR THE SAME THING CARE OF SOME HELPFUL people in the industry.

OE Technology: Overrunning Alternator Decoupler Pulley
OE Supplier: Litens Automotive - Canada
OE OAD Numbers: Mopar: 53013554AD, 53013554AE
OE Alternator Numbers:
Mopar: 56044672AA, 56044672AB
Denso: 104210-4240, 104210-4241
Tendeco/Atech Number: 920720
Lester Number: 11114

ALSO, reading through some catalogues, looks like some toyotas use the same decoupler as we do on our Denso alternator so theres another source, Ill revisit the catalogue this evening and get that part number out of the catalogue.

http://www.jasoceania.com.au/PDF%20File/Units002.pdf
http://www.decouplerpulley.com/files/RotoRxbrochure.pdf
http://www.americanenginesco.com/ser...-litens/Detail

if you are chasing a Automatic Belt Tensioner then im trying Dayco at the moment, they will send me some info on them.

Looking at the pulleys, there seem to be a few options, I even considered using one larger one below the alternator decoupler to get around the stretched older belt issue. Might be some to consider to get out of a jam I suppose.

Here is an update, a dismantled decoupler, the original one shipped with the KJ to Australia, note its of pretty poor construction and design when compared with others that can replace it. Grease filled oval shaped bearing versions are available, I don't suggest using the same part number to put one of these things back into service, at least look for the chrysler minivan version which is grease filled, theres a video on youtube on how to remove and install it too. Tendeco Part number might be something like 920834. But better still there are different design versions available in OZ still less than half than the dealership price and probably going to last the life of the engine. Check with these about their design and construction of a replacement decoupler try here http://www.jasoceania.com.au/PDF%20File/Units002.pdf.

Here's what we got delivered all those valuable dollars we used to have. No quality part here folks. NOTE: the multipart single spring, the failure of which disabled the decoupler.

Hers the video http://www.youtube.com/user/LitensOAD#p/u/8/_Cvk799mISI

I have a new accessory belt, $114 from dealer and its an Original VM belt and according to the sticker in the bag its a couple of years old and came from US. I also have a Gates 6PK2870 I think the 6 is the ribs and 2870 is the millimetres length of the belt, seems to measure that way, was $80 from autopro, its a bit thicker and seems to have felt rubber ribbing. Both seem to work ok, however, I do prefer the VM belt.

Numbers on VM belt from dealer are:

Numbers on Gates Belt are:

ANd just in case anyone is interested here is what the timing belt tensioner looks like.

Ill update more later.

UPDATE:

Here we go, the first aftermarket 5volt glow plugs, these prototypes bench tested and ready for my KJ. Ill let you know. When testing complete Ill post where you will be able to get them from. I suggest you pull one of these and check the part number and the voltage which is clearly marked on the glow plug before your next cold snap just so you give youself time to shop for them.

Last edited by crdjon; 21-12-2010 at 02:42 AM. Reason: adding disassembled decoupler notes
Old 12-10-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi thanks , on another forum they say that you can take off the fan clutch and put a screw on adapter and then put a 19in hi flex fan in its place and has better air flow and a cheaper option as jeep want $773.00, this adapter in in the u.s on amazon but wont ship here so trying other sites as cant find much here in oz its called a flex-a-light 8511 1/2'' screw- on spacer adapter (reverse rotation) if you copy n paste in googgle you will see what i am talking about but trouble getting that here in Perth
Old 12-10-2010
Spotter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This link came up in another thread just recently. Its for purchasing stuff from America that requires a local shipping address. They then forward the package to you.
PLEASE NOTE:
I have not used this service and so cannot recommend them through personal experience. I'm just letting you know it exists.

http://www.bongous.com/mail_forwarding_individuals.php
Old 12-10-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default fan clutch stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by garryjs View Post
hi thanks , on another forum they say that you can take off the fan clutch and put a screw on adapter and then put a 19in hi flex fan in its place and has better air flow and a cheaper option as jeep want $773.00, this adapter in in the u.s on amazon but wont ship here so trying other sites as cant find much here in oz its called a flex-a-light 8511 1/2'' screw- on spacer adapter (reverse rotation) if you copy n paste in googgle you will see what i am talking about but trouble getting that here in Perth
Ill look around to see what I can locate for this, still we might be able to modify the one we have on the existing fan, any ideas?

Last edited by crdjon; 12-10-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

that site looks like you need a us credit card but thanks
Post New Thread  Reply