Alterntive Replacement WH/XH Front Diff Bush's - Page 12 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-05-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
I can always pull the cover off my spare diff & send it to you if you like.
But..
I will need a replacement when you can find one

The part number is
52111964AC
Hey Clarky - can I please take you up on this offer?

I have rung around all the wreckers in Perth today and none of them want to sell the cover separate to the diff. A secondhand diff assembly was quoted anywhere between $650-1,400 + postage from Perth to Karratha (i.e. big $$$$).

I can get one online from RockAuto or eBay USA for around $200 + postage but I need it back together next week for when my parents come up to visit me (they are taking my car to Broome for 4 nights), so I can't wait that long. However, I will order a new one and send it to you when it arrives.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/partsearc...num=52111964AC

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-GE...-/361467011202

If you can pull yours off and chuck it in a post bag for me sometime over the next couple of days I will fix you up for your trouble.

Will PM you my details now.

Cheers,
Hanna
Old 15-05-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

No problem, I am on night shift so I will take it off before I go to work tonight & post it in the morning.
Old 15-05-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
No problem, I am on night shift so I will take it off before I go to work tonight & post it in the morning.
Bloody legend!!

Sent you a PM with my details.
Old 15-05-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 169 Times in 116 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
So after hammering away for a good hour or so and getting about 5-10mm from it being seated I started thinking about the 3rd and whether I could be bothered doing it today or not - then all of a sudden.... BANG!!!! The bloody alloy mount on the diff cover snaps off and I can see my diff gears!!.... F*!% me!! Seriously?? I am over this shit...
Buggah
Hammers and alloy
Glad you've found a solution here
Old 15-05-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Already degreased & in a box. Will post in the morning.
Old 15-05-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0vator View Post
Buggah
Hammers and alloy
Glad you've found a solution here
Yeah, I know.... I had the steel mounting bracket supported on a piece of hardwood to resist the force being applied, but it must have moved slightly and the alloy mount took the force of the 4lb hammer blow.

I reckon I was becoming a bit complacent because although nothing had gone right I had finally started to make progress and just wanted to hammer the thing home.

Lesson learned big time!
Old 15-05-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

you poor bugger.
I'm glad i used super pro one now.
I cut the centres out of my old one with a recip saw then cut 3/4 of the way through the outer and a few hits with a hammer and flat head screw driver out they came. The super pro bushes the pushed in the few seconds with a quick grip.

Best of luck.
Post New Thread  Reply