What did you do to your WH/XH today? - Page 125 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemidnight View Post
Can you review the superpro diff bushes? Did they go in OK and how are they riding now? Any extra drive line vibrations?
I went with Jeeperf heavy duty front diff bushes they did not last 6 months daily driving and 3 moderate-difficult trips to 4wd parks in SE QLD, I was pretty disappointed. Been needing new bushes for a while now...
What has happened to your Jeeperf bushes? Have you contacted Jeeperf about it?

Keen to know cos I was planing to get them when I need to replace mine, so never heard a bad report about them except for the cost.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 08-06-2020
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGC View Post
Tyres arrived yesterday

295/70/18 34”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice!

Superlift arrived yet? Or still on order? I emailed them last week about shipping costs to me in WA, still waiting to hear back.
Old 08-06-2020

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Ordered and fitted by my local jeep workshop (experienced with WH), the Jeeperf bushes just didn't last past a couple of med-difficult trips. Shop tried a warranty claim and got nowhere, Jeeperf said they must have done a bad install. I remember it all looking good on the hoist when installed. Anyways, my workshop replaced the very front bush at no cost with OEM type as it was the worst at the time and we left the two side bushes in (Jambo2019 was following weekend). 1 year later the two side bushes are falling to pieces as well. Mostly you hear good things on Jeeperf, there are other users on here who have had a better run than me. But also there is the odd report online of failures, small scale batch manufacture of poly compounds may be a problem?? I have no particular bad feelings about it you try these things sometimes they work sometimes not... that is jeep ownership. Maybe the heavy duty poly is too stiff when flexing...WH skateboard flex that is

Possible alternative I may try:https://creative-steel.com/shop/jeep...ntial-bushing/

Pictures of my front bush at time of removal and the left side bush this afternoon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turismo07 View Post
What has happened to your Jeeperf bushes? Have you contacted Jeeperf about it?

Keen to know cos I was planing to get them when I need to replace mine, so never heard a bad report about them except for the cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front-1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	78946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front-2.jpg
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	78947   Click image for larger version

Name:	front-3.jpg
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	78948  
Old 09-06-2020

Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Can you review the superpro diff bushes? Did they go in OK and how are they riding now? Any extra drive line vibrations?
I went with Jeeperf heavy duty front diff bushes they did not last 6 months daily driving and 3 moderate-difficult trips to 4wd parks in SE QLD, I was pretty disappointed. Been needing new bushes for a while now...
I used a ball-joint tool to press them in and they went in pretty easily. Took a couple of attempts to get it lined up squarely but then they squeezed through.

As for smoothness, it's a huge improvement. Feels no different to stock (non flogged) bushes.
And I don't notice any other harshness/vibrations, just tyre noise and sweet, sweet hemi notes
Old 09-06-2020

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Ohhh yes the sound of a Hemi on the loud pedal echoing through the vic high country..
Old 09-06-2020
Full Flexer

Quote:
Ordered and fitted by my local jeep workshop (experienced with WH), the Jeeperf bushes just didn't last past a couple of med-difficult trips. Shop tried a warranty claim and got nowhere, Jeeperf said they must have done a bad install. I remember it all looking good on the hoist when installed. Anyways, my workshop replaced the very front bush at no cost with OEM type as it was the worst at the time and we left the two side bushes in (Jambo2019 was following weekend). 1 year later the two side bushes are falling to pieces as well. Mostly you hear good things on Jeeperf, there are other users on here who have had a better run than me. But also there is the odd report online of failures, small scale batch manufacture of poly compounds may be a problem?? I have no particular bad feelings about it you try these things sometimes they work sometimes not... that is jeep ownership. Maybe the heavy duty poly is too stiff when flexing...WH skateboard flex that is

Possible alternative I may try:https://creative-steel.com/shop/jeep...ntial-bushing/

Pictures of my front bush at time of removal and the left side bush this afternoon...

Thanks for that info! Wow I have never seen pics like that of Jeeperf's diff bushes. They're supposed to last the life of the vehicle haha. Hopefully it was just a bad batch like you said. Def making me weary about getting them in the future. Might go with SuperPro instead...

Love you comment about skateboard flex haha, I've only had live axle 4wds in the past, I am grateful for QD2 that for sure!
Old 10-06-2020
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

What bushes are most people using on their WH, I’ll replace the them while I’m doing the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply