Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 128 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-02-2012
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Sounds good Paul. Awesome to hear you're happy with how it has all come together.

Make sure you keep Shane updated with any of your thoughts.
Old 29-02-2012
Full Flexer

With Craigperth's help I fitted a 2" lift (well Mopar Coils and Shocks).

Note for anyone who is going to use the OME Sport Nitro Shock and the Blue Mopar Coils, you will need 1" rear guide / spacers. At full flex the rear springs will fall out, they kind of rattle around the top at full flex.

Current hight from bottom of the alloy to the bottom of the guard is
Front Left = 800mm
Front right = 800mm
Rear left = 775 mm
Rear Right - 760 mm

Thanks Craig for all the help fitting them
Old 29-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Did you use the Project JK write up? It makes the whole install almost simple.

OME 2" write for Wrangler
Old 29-02-2012
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyC76 View Post
Did you use the Project JK write up? It makes the whole install almost simple.

OME 2" write for Wrangler
I was going to, but Craig knew what he was doing so did not refernece it.
Old 29-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

I felt the front steering was out a little after I did the lift so I also got a wheel alignment after the job was complete. It was only out by a little, but It annoyed me that there was extra tyre wear.

I tried to do the adjustment my self, as it shows in the Project JK write up, but the tyre guys just do a fare more professional job.
Old 29-02-2012
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyC76 View Post
I felt the front steering was out a little after I did the lift so I also got a wheel alignment after the job was complete. It was only out by a little, but It annoyed me that there was extra tyre wear.

I tried to do the adjustment my self, as it shows in the Project JK write up, but the tyre guys just do a fare more professional job.
Did you loosen the control arm and track bar bolts and re torque them?
Yeah I might need an alignment.
Old 29-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

WE undid the track bar and control arm. part 38 of the write-up discusses how to re-centre the wheels.

38. Because of the lift, your steering wheel will be off just a bit. To re-center your steering wheel, use a 15mm wrench to loosen the 2 nuts on the turnbuckle as shown in the pic to the left. Then, rotate the turnbuckle clockwise or counter clockwise as needed while a friend watches the steering wheel (or you periodically check on it yourself) go back to center. Once re-centered, secure the nuts and take it for a drive to check your steering wheel. This may take a few tries to get it on 100% but that’s all there is to it.