TJ: Skwakes 97 Wrangler (rescue) and build up - Page 13 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-07-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Skwakes 97 TJ (rescue) and build up

Should find out this weekend, Dynamat is due sometime this week, just have to lay that down, then the carpet underlay, then the carpet and put it all back together.
Old 31-07-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Got a good start on the dynamat tonight. I noticed a massive difference in the half doors after doing them. Tapping on them makes a dull thud now instead of a high pitched ping. I also stuffed them woth the left over foam from my headliner. They are solid!

Im not going to have quite enough dynamat to do the whole Jeep body and Doors so I am going to leave the rear floor section without (which would have been the easiest part!) instead I will use Some of the heavy 3mm rubber sheet floor underlay i scored from a building site yesterday.
That way I will have enough to get the rear wheel wells done because they seem really tinny sounding still.
Old 31-07-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I also stuffed them woth the left over foam from my headliner.

I would be very careful with the foam in the doors as this may soak up water and hold it causing Rust, internal sweating inside the door, also when wet it will make the door very heavy. Found this out when i did something similar in my old CJ5 ended up ripping out any foam or foam underlay as it seemed to attract water from every wear. Also it starts to smell.
Good job on everything else dynamat etc ,love the Soft top Idea for it to be insulated Like putting a coat on your jeep.

Last edited by 4WD4FUN; 01-08-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
Old 01-08-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ah yeah you are probably right about the foam soaking up water. Well its only sitting there for now, havent put the door skins back on so I might rip it back out. There was a noticeable difference just from the Dynamat so i might just stick with that
Old 03-08-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So i just got it all back together and too it for a drive, noticed te difference when i first shut the door. Man it is like a completely different car! The decibel reading was down to 70 which is 10 decibels lower at 80km but it is so much better! I can barely hear the engine niose now just a exhaust note when I gas it and the hum of the MTZ tyres which are a lot quieter too. It was warm inside te cab almost straight away, And to top it off the stereo sounds even better! Pretty bloody stoked.
Now I just need to mount my hi lift bonnet mounts up.
Old 03-08-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Got the hi lift mounted
Old 03-08-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Love the build. You have cover a lot of the projects I want to do to mine. Can I ask how much the dynamat cost and where you got it from?
I'm defiantly subscribed.
Post New Thread  Reply