Jambo 2006 poll - Page 13 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

View Poll Results: Jambo 06 Queensland
I will be at jambo 39 25.00%
I am undecided about jambo 25 16.03%
I would love to go, but cost and or other will stop me. 77 49.36%
I won't be at jambo...(Please post reason) 15 9.62%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-03-2006
Ive been here for a while

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

with so many from here being possible no shows its kinda gonna suck..
cause I love watching people wreck thier jeeps while mine stays nice and straight

Old 20-03-2006
bobbyj
Visitor

[QUOTE=billsta]

so wheres is the Jamboree being held? am i blind? it doesnt seem to be on the entry form...QUOTE]

Just have a look at the Jamboo website -www.jamboree.queenslandjeepers.com.au there's plenty of info there. There's even a map of where it is at http://www.jamboree.queenslandjeeper.../Location.html

Last edited by bobbyj; 20-03-2006 at 08:18 AM. Reason: wrong address
Old 20-03-2006
bobbyj
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave'n'Wen
Mate I will give you a reason. I will need to take both my Jeeps just to get my family of 7 in and we live in Brisbane. I will say it again, the QLD Jeepers are NOT controlling this event very well. In fact all I see is a money grabbing club!!

I would need to take 2 Jeeps,
$190 plus driver x 2 = $380
$90 for adult passengers (12 - 18+) x 4 = $360
$30 for child (4 - 12) x 1 = $30
Food and fuel for the weekend for 2 Jeeps and 7 people = $400
A total of $1170.

I think it's a bit unfair to add in the cost of fuel and food and then say it's a money grabbing club.
I went to the Melbourne Jambo, with the cost of fuel, food and overnight accomodation for 2 people, it cost me more than $1170, but it was still worth every cent.
Old 20-03-2006
Ive been here for a while

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

we must also not forget that saturday is a wasted day due to no trips being planned..
although noone has asked if we can go off on our own???
if so then maybe no such a bad thing.
also not sure if this has been asked or not
but would there be any night trips available???
maybe on saturday night seeing as the day is dedicated to the shpow and shine etc etc
Id also like to ad that you may need to contact JEEP australia as I was just looking at thier site and it was still advertising 04 jambo in the LEEP LIFE section

Last edited by H.G.; 20-03-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 21-03-2006
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyj
I think it's a bit unfair to add in the cost of fuel and food and then say it's a money grabbing club.
I went to the Melbourne Jambo, with the cost of fuel, food and overnight accomodation for 2 people, it cost me more than $1170, but it was still worth every cent.
So what do you think we need to eat, the food at Blackduck? As some have stated, they do not eat meat. Has QLD Jeepers added a menu??

What did it cost you to get into the Melb Jambo??

I feel sorry for the Jeepers coming up from as far away as Melb, the cost for them is crap. But bobbyj, Im in Brisbane and it is still costing me this much.

I don't think so. Would be a great Jambo, but again I or my family can not justify this sort of money, for some we love to do.

Oh $190 per driver and $90 for an adult, that money grabbing!!!!!
Old 21-03-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The cost for the Melbourne Jambo was $150 for two adults two years ago.
The cost to get into Black Duck was and still is $30 a day ....
So why is it now $280 for two adults. That is almost double the cost. Surely inflation hasnt doubled in two years.
Sorry BobbyJ but Black Duck was and still is the wrong venue for this Jambo and the cost is just the begining.
Old 21-03-2006
bobbyj
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED097
The cost for the Melbourne Jambo was $150 for two adults two years ago.
The cost to get into Black Duck was and still is $30 a day ....
So why is it now $280 for two adults. That is almost double the cost. Surely inflation hasnt doubled in two years.
Sorry BobbyJ but Black Duck was and still is the wrong venue for this Jambo and the cost is just the begining.
The Melbourne pricing that you quoted doesn't include the saturday night dinner, but the Black Duck pricing does. Also at Melbourne you couldn't arrive early, setup and be ready to go Thursday morning, so it was really only a 3 - 3.5 day event. At Black Duck you can arrive on the Wednesday and be ready to go four-wheeling first thing on thursday. From what I know, Black Duck should be a great spot for a Jamboree, plus if you have a look at the website, there is more on offer than just Black Duck Park.
If you want to be fair and unbiased you should consider these things.
Post New Thread  Reply