What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1338 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

First go with Plastidip. Stoked with the results!! I like the clean look of the stock JK rims and wanted black, but stealer wanted nearly $2k for them. For less than $100 I have what I want. Can't complain about that! Only took a couple of hours, start to finish.

Yes, stock tyres so far, but plan on a set of DuraTracs in the next year. Two new cars in 12 months has hit the discretionary spending for a few months.

Previous Jeeps: 1998 TJ Sport, 1999 XJ Cherokee
Old 11-04-2015
Established Member

Liked 97 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKU12 View Post
I built a rack in the back so i could carry more gear and still be able to slide my fridge out.

Still needs to be welded up, sand blasted and painted, but it works just how i wanted it to.

Cheap mod as well!

When does the kit come out

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.
Old 12-04-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 11 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walldog View Post
When does the kit come out

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.
This is an easy one walldog.

I just used Steel tube clamps from my local Hardware & General fencing store, the largest were 50 NB that just fit over the factory roll bars (I put 3mm rubber between them and the roll bar so i did't scratch it and it gives a tighter fit), the smaller were 32 NB that joined all the 32 NB steel pipe together.
I used 2 x 90deg bends at the back side near the rear seats as i did't have a pipe bender. Then just cut an angle on the base of the legs, welded on some 5mm steel plate and bolted them down to the rear seat floor bolts &
replaced all the bolts with high tensile stainless.
Total cost so far about $180
Just want to weld up the 90deg bends & maybe weld the centre cross bar solid as opposed to have brackets, sand blast and paint and its done!

Tested it out on a short trip last week, managed to carry my swag, 3 bags of tent poles, shovel, chairs, tarps and a flat pack camp kitchen on it. All of which would have normally have to be packed on the folded rear seats
Old 12-04-2015
Established Member

Liked 25 Times in 16 Posts

OME lift, looks a little more than 2"... Took 4.5 hours in my driveway by myself, totally not understanding how some of the shops can justify their install prices...
Old 12-04-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 542 Times in 304 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothfukle View Post
OME lift, looks a little more than 2"... Took 4.5 hours in my driveway by myself, totally not understanding how some of the shops can justify their install prices...
Pretty easy to work on, aye.
Does look a bit taller than 2". Did you do a before and after measurement?
Maybe you need to fill the gap between your rims and guards with more rubber.
Old 12-04-2015
Established Member

Liked 25 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza D View Post
Pretty easy to work on, aye.
Does look a bit taller than 2". Did you do a before and after measurement?
Maybe you need to fill the gap between your rims and guards with more rubber.
Should have done a before and after measurement, only did an after to make sure all corners were relatively even...
Old 13-04-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Having a Synergy drag link fitted. I hope it fixes that driving a boat feeling

Von Dep
Post New Thread  Reply