Chrysler recalls 2006 to 2010 Commanders - Page 14 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default N23 Recall problems

Well, the reflash lasted a whole nine days this time! As I've said before, I don't use low-range often, but it's nice to know it's there. I wanted it Wednesday and it was gone again and it will be back to the Jeep dealer on Monday. Other than this problem, the Commander is a great all-round car. Certainly the best Jeep I have had. It also runs rings round the 'Cruisers and Patrols I have been away with this last week. Much more comfortable, better performance, quieter and a great tow vehicle for my caravan. Love it! Even without low-range!

By the way, has anyone actually tried the fuse pulling trick shown on the video? I haven't as I'm only five minutes from the Jeep dealer. I haven't tried unplugging the actuator either as I'm a bit long in the tooth for scrambling under the car - unless in an emergency.
Old 06-06-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Must say that after getting on my soapbox about all the touring and 4x4ing I've done with my Commander, I never had the N23 reflash and sold it without. Never had this problem which again reinforces that the Commander is no lemon. ...Somehow all those who have issues after the N23 reflash must unite and approach the ACCC to lodge a complaint to get FC to sort this issue out once and for all.. Mass ACCC online lodging should do it..

Last edited by Wanderer; 07-06-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
Well, the reflash lasted a whole nine days this time! As I've said before, I don't use low-range often, but it's nice to know it's there. I wanted it Wednesday and it was gone again and it will be back to the Jeep dealer on Monday. Other than this problem, the Commander is a great all-round car. Certainly the best Jeep I have had. It also runs rings round the 'Cruisers and Patrols I have been away with this last week. Much more comfortable, better performance, quieter and a great tow vehicle for my caravan. Love it! Even without low-range!

By the way, has anyone actually tried the fuse pulling trick shown on the video? I haven't as I'm only five minutes from the Jeep dealer. I haven't tried unplugging the actuator either as I'm a bit long in the tooth for scrambling under the car - unless in an emergency.
Fuse trick does work, but you must pull the right fuse for your year
Old 18-06-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Goodwill repair my ar@e

Hi people,

Just thought I would give you an update-dealership fitted a new transfer case actuator under "good will" .yipee -not sure how it is considered "good will"to fix what you broke in the first place but heh,it cost me nothing and seems to have worked. I have engaged 4lo several times today with no issues as of yet - fingers crossed. At least jeep perth did something eventually,but I had to push the issue the entire time-shouldn't be the case when there is a clear case of defective workmanship in the first instance-furthermore I had to investigate this whole N23 issue myself online on this forum and others- would have been nice/niaive to have been informed by Jeep of the issue.

At least I can take my camper up north now without the niggling worry.hopefully it holds up ! If not I will be back once more,just only more irritated this time.

My advice is to peruse head office and your dealership until they do the same for you- I know it is not the dealerships fault-but they should all acknowledge the N23 recall problem and help people out -it's bad business,bad customer service and just plain wrong no matter how you look at it!
I wonder how many jeep/Chrysler-employee 4x4 owners who actively use there fourby 4lo are out there with this issue,none I'm guessing
Old 18-06-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captured1 View Post
Hi people,
under "good will" .yipee -not sure how it is considered "good will"to fix what you broke in the first place
"Good Wiill" is a nice spin on what is essentialy your legal right for out of warranty defects, one of the key provisions is s54 of the ACL,..Ya gota give it to them....Well as long as it stays fixed..Pity getting "Good Will" is such a fight though.

Last edited by sugarman; 18-06-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 19-06-2014
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default N23 Recall problems

I had a text from my local Jeep dealer on Tuesday to say that the part that they had ordered, also under 'Goodwill', had arrived. When I telephoned to arrange the fitting, they found that the part that had arrived was a Fuel Control Module (FCM), not the Final Drive Control Module(FDCM), so I'm still waiting. Still, I'm hopeful that the right part will arrive sometime as Chrysler seem to have accepted responsibility. At least I can always fall back on the local dealer as the problem was there when I bought the car and it is documented.
Old 19-06-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
the part that had arrived was a Fuel Control Module (FCM), not the Final Drive Control Module(FDCM), so I'm still waiting.
FCM = "Front Control Module"

Below is a list of all the modules your Jeep has (copied from the parts manual), no "Fuel Control Module" amongst them.
They (the dealer) are bullshitting you or don't know their ass from their elbow
either way I would be concerned

MODULE, Occupant Restraint

MODULE, Transfer Case Control

MODULE, Parking Assist

MODULE, Heated Seat Control

MODULE, Seat Memory

MODULE, Anti-lock Brakes

MODULE, Front Control

MODULE, Receiver Control

MODULE, Rain Sensor

MODULE, Transmission Control

MODULE, Low Tire Pressure Warning, Wheel sensor

MODULE, Low Tire Pressure Warning, Trigger

MODULE, Steering Control

MODULE, Trailer Tow, [AHC]

MODULE, Steering Column

MODULE, Door

I'm not having ago at you, it just makes me when the guys you trust to fix your expensive motor vehicle don't have a clue or outright lie to you.

Here is a link to parts manuals from 1997 to 2011, may help catch out those sneaky buggers
http://www.gmb.be/CJD_parts/CDI/Catalogs/Index.pdf