JK: Hemi Build - Page 14 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-11-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharparte View Post
Any more details on steps. Brand? I have been looking at the bestop ones.
They are Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin spin67 View Post
Love the rse slider/step,any info on price and getting it shipped here?..
They are very expensive at 1800USD plus shipping. I ordered them over a year ago when they thought the price was only going to be 1200USD. I had made a deal with the other half that if I wanted to run 40's she wanted the step sliders. I had already ordered the 42's when I found out the price so I figured i should still keep my end of the deal.
Old 20-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

nice project mate

just want to get your honest feed back about the poly performance Wild Kit
I have just purchased a 3" Wild Kit and Foxs Shock and TeraFlex JK Speedbump

if I had the money and could get it legally engineered I would get the off-road evolution evo kit are you going to do the Rear Double ThrowDown System
and as well as the Front Double ThrowDown kit but it is bloody expensive

(Rear Double ThrowDown5362.94) (Front Double ThrowDown 3019.97) (Rock stop649.97)(Long Arm 3099.99) = 12132.87usd

Last edited by 037981; 20-11-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 21-11-2011
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037981 View Post
nice project mate

just want to get your honest feed back about the poly performance Wild Kit
I have just purchased a 3" Wild Kit and Foxs Shock and TeraFlex JK Speedbump

if I had the money and could get it legally engineered I would get the off-road evolution evo kit are you going to do the Rear Double ThrowDown System
and as well as the Front Double ThrowDown kit but it is bloody expensive

(Rear Double ThrowDown5362.94) (Front Double ThrowDown 3019.97) (Rock stop649.97)(Long Arm 3099.99) = 12132.87usd
The poly kit is great and if you got it with the fox shocks and teraflex speed bumps it would be even better. I can't do the DTD rear as I have a long range tank so can't relocate the muffler. I'll be keeping the poly kit in the rear for the time being and will decide what to do once the front and my other mods are done.
Old 21-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

mate why do you need a muffler just kidding. can you put a couple hotdogs and a cat Will this not fit
Old 26-11-2011
Symphony Composer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

After reading this thread I need to go for a drive... Nice build. Hope to catch up with you one day to compare rigs... Hemi or LS1.....

XJ V8 Build
Electric water pump
Old 28-11-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkas View Post
After reading this thread I need to go for a drive... Nice build. Hope to catch up with you one day to compare rigs... Hemi or LS1.....
I would look at getting a lsx preferably a nelson racing engines 2500 HP 2100 TQ lol just kidding

mopar Fuel Injected 572
http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/e...s-Warrior.html
Old 22-06-2012
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default June 2012 Update

Well once again I figured it was time for an update on the build up. Everything kinda went on hold for quite some time but I’m back into it now. The only problem is I’m working away so the Jeep is sitting waiting for me having time to work on it and I can only work on it on the weekends which makes it worse.

Since the last update back in November I have finally fitted the Orfab sports cage. What a pain in the arse that was but the end result is good but more importantly late in April I finally received the new 6.4 motor from Burnsville and immediately commenced taking out the old one to swap them over. Once the motor was out I also quickly decided that I should finally get around to installing the front coilovers as it would be much easier to get access to the mounts with the motor out. We got these cut out but I then went away again for work.

Since then I have only had 1 good chance to get stuck into it again and we got the front Evo DTD system installed and while we were there welded on the new tabs for the hydro assist steering. We ran into a clash between the steering shaft and the coilover towers so had to make up a spacer to get the clearance. Its still very tight and I only have about 5mm clearance between the steering shaft and the coilover towers and not much more to the exhaust headers.

The new motor that was sent is essentially a long block so we swapped over all the components from the old motor to the new and mounted it back in the JK but that was the last of the progress for the weekend and once again I’m away for the next 2 weeks so it will have to wait till I’m back.

Hopefully by the time I’m back I should have received the new steering box ported for the hydro assist and believe it or not I’ve been waiting on engine oil as Jeep recommend different oil for the new 6.4 and as they haven’t brought them in yet they didn’t have any in stock. We went as far as checking with the jeep technical department and they advised against using anything else. Might be a sales pitch but best to be safe.

I still have a lot of work to go but for now the priority is getting it back on the road and off-road so there wont be any more goodies for a while. Once this round is done the next major job is to get the 42’s on and clearing. Not sure how much work will be involved but I definitely need to cut into the chassis for steering clearance and will have some fender cutting to be done. I want to keep the COG as low as possible but it’s easier said than done.

Anyway here are some pictures.

I laid out some of the old parts when I was cleaning up the shed. Its all for sale if anyone is interested. I also have a lot more not shown.

Parked at Home

Out Wheeling

That’s a Hemi in a Hemi Powered Jeep.

New and Old

Current Status

Mock Up of The 42’s. They will have to wait a bit longer before being bolted up properly.