So you want a Long Armed WJ- Its Hard! - Page 14 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-09-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemijeepy View Post
Hehe I actually dont have to many drama's Matty.... He is having more Problems then mine on 32's at 3''....

Yea He has the Transfer case spacer in however there still are some Vibes...

I have seen the spacer's that drop the transfer case/ and crossmember... they look about 20mm thick.... (didnt have a real good look at them but its definatly lowered)

Re: the Disco's they are Fouling on the actual arm of the Disco not the "Pin"
does this still mean there the wrong way around????
Yes it could be the wrong way around but it doesnt really matter Id play around with installing the bottom on the outer and the top on the inner or vica versa til you get it in way that it doesnt hit the tyre, thats what I did.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 13-09-2008
SwampDigger

Quote:
MRGC I would not go any bigger then 32's they Only just Fit up in the Guards- particularly the rear's... I will Try get a static shot this week.... When its flat on the Road, it looks just like my Jeep, its only a little taller then mine, the 32's do not look small on it at all it actually looks very in preportion..

I would only go up to 33's with 6'' or more.. Thats my plan once i get my V8- And i will Cut into metal to squeeeeeze them in.... Its a tight Fit with 32's

You'll see
Thanx for that, will stick with the 32" then.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 13-09-2008
SwampDigger

Quote:

Spacer ^^

Damn so the longarm plate will lower the transfercase as well so what drilling do you need to do other than the 4 bolts on the crossmember.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 13-09-2008
SwampDigger

Quote:

Spacer ^^

With the discos defintely adjust trackbar if only one side is affected and I have the swaybar the same way, I only disconnect the bottom on and cable tie it to the swaybar and to the hook I made up.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 13-09-2008
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomart View Post
I think your prob right about trakbar adjust but I also think discos are wrong way round on swaybar end ,disco-ing must be difficult at moment.
As for trimming for 33"s,guys in US often adjust control arms longer & only trim plastic or edge of b/bar.
Im at 4+" & have no vibes with only 20mm t/case spacer,I think vibes are prob from front arm castor adjustment rather than rear.
Is rear longarm to ? or short arm with a-frame spacer.

Does anyone know what the front castor should be?

Matt
2013 WK2 3.0
CRDSTU Lift | Uneek BullBar | Mopar Skids
Old 13-09-2008
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

So whats it like on the road? Does only having one front upper CA make the car feel "loose" or tend to "squirm" under heavy braking?
Old 13-09-2008
SwampDigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomart View Post
So whats it like on the road? Does only having one front upper CA make the car feel "loose" or tend to "squirm" under heavy braking?
All reports say that the longarm setup is more comfortable on road and heaps better offroad than short arm setup.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply