What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 149 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2010
Cross The Line...

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default CRD Transmission Cooler Intall

Finally got round to fitting a transmission cooler to the front of the JK

Before:

During:

After:

Its a Derale kit bought from Autobarn and the largest one they had - rated for 20500GVM Vehicle so should'nt break a sweat keeping the JK Cool - Bit of an overkill mabey but rather be safe than sorry.

I also put in a AutoMeter Phantom II Trans Temp Gauge and it is in line with the return line to the transmission so pick up temp of oil once its cooled just before it heads back into the box.

So far I've yet to see it get above 110F so seems to be doing the job.

Next step is to install a drain plug and move the temp sensor into the pan - Another day...

Last edited by zerosecta; 03-05-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2010
I didn't just register

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Tuffy rear deck

Just fitted my Tuffy rear deck - got to be one of my favourite mods so far! Small amount of cutting needed to fit around rear door gas strut, very strong with subwoofer in original position, will see how it goes when sub moved above wheel well. Love the way it secures the "boot" even with the top off, and love the way it doubles my storage space!
Thanks JeepKonnection for quick delivery.

Ordered and due next week...
  • Rockhard slider rails with step
  • Rockhard jerry can holder for rear bar
  • RE 3.5' super flex kit
  • 35's on 16's steelies (anybody have some they are selling?)
Projects still saving time and money for..
  • Modify Mopar non winch bar to fit winch (Unless someone wants to swap with cash difference??)
  • Aux battery
  • Xenon flat flares (if needed to hide my new rubber)
Stuff I've done in last few months...
  • OME 2' shock/lift package (now for sale)
  • ARB rear locker/compressor
  • Rockhard rear bar/tire carrier
  • Front Mopar armour
  • AEV snorkel (angle grinder - scariest thing I had done to my jeep at that point)
  • Daystar rocker panel for compressor switches and locker switches and ??
  • Longranger aux tank - love it
  • GME TX 3340 + Aerial
  • Rear door gas strut - favourite mod!
  • Garvin Expedition Rack - love it
  • Cargo netting
  • Poly Performance Solid Grab Handles front and rear
  • Chimebuster
  • Icebox
  • Gordigear rooftent & annexe - love it, top quality, great service, best price I could find
  • Tuffy rear deck

Lucky the missus doesn't log on, this list would be worse than the ex-girlfriend list...

Last edited by raffs; 03-05-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-05-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

-Installed my ARB compressor into the rear driver side quarter panel, and ran a hose from that to a connector on the rear bar.

-Installed the daystar switch panel above the rear view mirror, like what iv seen hunty do.

-moved the winch solenoid under the bonnet, re run the plug back to the front bar and drilled it in. Ran the wires for a in cab control but havent found a switch i want yet.

-finally mounted my uhf antenna.

Killed my battery again while doing all this listening to the radio, so next week is the back up battery, and im not looking forward to finding these grommets to get to the engine bay, the other 2 up top are packed.
Old 07-05-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What the hell sort of driving lights are those zerosecta
Old 07-05-2010
Cross The Line...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmacdonald View Post
What the hell sort of driving lights are those zerosecta
The sort that turn 2.5K's of the darkest night into pure day light. Carbon KC Hi Lights 70watts HID's not those punee 35watt options - very pricey though...
Old 08-05-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just got the rockcrawler series 52s 16x8 5"b/space and bfg ta km2 285/75/16s fitted to the rubi, hey i know they're not 37s but its a start. also fitted the new poly performance fairlead plate. thanks manny @ dbor and the charming gentlemen at jeepkonection.
Old 16-05-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Post New Thread  Reply