What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 149 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-11-2022
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default maintenance

so they have been sitting on the shelf for a while now and today i finally fitted my front stabilised bar end links

i bought Moog greasable units.

did it improve anything hmmm not sure seems maybe a bit smoother

but then on the goat tracks in regional Queensland who can be sure

but at 145000km its another job that won't need doing again and greasseable

should mean they will last a bit longer
Old 21-11-2022
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,328 Times in 766 Posts

Went to the windscreen shop to finally get that 'rubber facia' flapping against the windscreen fixed....workshop said..."try this"....went out and ran a bead of Loctite 401 along the 'flappy bit'(after cleaning the surfaces) and its in Murphys' hands now....hadnt had the 'flapping/vibration' issue for a long time as most speeds were under the 110kph needed to generate the right 'harmonics'....but it drove me, and the Toymoter loving passenger crazy on a 'quick dash' on the weekend......
Windscreen shop was aware of the 'brand fault' and stated..."this is better...the polyurethane seal takes 2 days to cure and you'll need to have the surfaces pressed together for that period to achieve what your after...this is easier and will work better".....
I went to the Auto store and bought another bottle 'just in case'
Result to be posted at a later date

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday

Last edited by FARWEST; 21-11-2022 at 11:01 AM.
Old 21-11-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
Went to the windscreen shop to finally get that 'rubber facia' flapping against the windscreen fixed....workshop said..."try this"....went out and ran a bead of Loctite 401 along the 'flappy bit'(after cleaning the surfaces) and its in Murphys' hands now....hadnt had the 'flapping/vibration' issue for a long time as most speeds were under the 110kph needed to generate the right 'harmonics'....but it drove me, and the Toymoter loving passenger crazy on a 'quick dash' on the weekend......
Windscreen shop was aware of the 'brand fault' and stated..."this is better...the polyurethane seal takes 2 days to cure and you'll need to have the surfaces pressed together for that period to achieve what your after...this is easier and will work better".....
I went to the Auto store and bought another bottle 'just in case'
Result to be posted at a later date
Ah, post a pic, mine was doing it the other day, has only done it a few times, but with this crap weather and it was soooo windy it'd blow the spots off a Dalmatian!
Old 21-11-2022
Rock Munki

Will do grippy...its just glued to the screen instead of sitting off the screen...and yep...the right foot PLUS the 70kph side wind made it ''drone' like Military Excercise
First image is deceptive...there is less than 2 mill gap between screen n facia rubber in the area 'looking like' its got a huge gap (thats a reflection in the glass)....2nd image shows traces of 'the product' left on top of the rubber.

Last edited by FARWEST; 21-11-2022 at 05:36 PM.
Old 27-11-2022
Rock Munki

Soooo....did a 900klm 'flying' round trip...play on words but thats another story.....and around 750klm into the round trip the 'humming' of the fascia rubber returned....had a look when I got home....sure enough the facia rubber has seperated from the windscreen in the middle of the 'glue job'....will re-do it using more(as in use more product on the surface) of the Loctite 401 product.....bugger...
And....while I was at the turn around town I slipped into my 2nd fav store to see if the Oils n Filters, by luck, were on special....nope....ol mate I went to collect (basis of the trip) was with me in the store.....'Peter....that is very expensive' doing some quick math it was around $360 for Oils n Filters...but...10lts when needing 7lt (have left overs from last service)...and its Air Filter time this service....ol mate...'Do you buy the parts and give them to the mechanic ?'....me...'Yes mate I do....Im the mechanic...I dont trust 'butchers' to handle my 'delicates''...ol mate...'But Peter...this is a very hard dirty job...why dont you pay somebody else to do this...and check your car for you ?'....me....'You'll see why on the way home'...ol mate...look of confusion.....during an 'overtaking' manuoerve on a VERRRRRY long straight that had a few vans spread across around 1.5klm of space....ol mate...puckered to the seat squab....'Peter...how fast were we going back there ?'....me...'#@#@t if I know...you dont really think Im looking at the speedo when Im goin that fast do ya?'....ol mate...total silence.....25k's later....me...'I told you you'd find out why I do the work on my car didnt I ?'.....ol mate....'You must be a very good mechanic'...........hope that put a smile on your dials guys

Old 28-11-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

I had a bit of a peek under that plastic piece of junk the other day when I went for a burn up to the Murray for a look at the flooding, it was sooo windy it'd blow the milk out ya coffee and mine was humming while sitting on a dollar ten. I reckon a thick bit of that double sided tape foamy type of gear would work alright, just need to give her a good clean underneath, then it would seat it, but be off the glass just enough to not howl and give me the shits.
Old 29-11-2022
Established Member

Liked 115 Times in 69 Posts

JEEP have a GOTCHYA lever, yes took me awhile to remember it, A week ago I was mucking around repositioning the UHF wellllll seems I had knocked the steering wheel adjustment knob....no wonder I couldn't get comfortable

Last edited by Mudguard; 29-11-2022 at 02:41 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply