So you want a Long Armed WJ- Its Hard! - Page 15 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-09-2008
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomart View Post
So whats it like on the road? Does only having one front upper CA make the car feel "loose" or tend to "squirm" under heavy braking?
Humm let me just say this, It drives like how these things should of when new... The steering is much more positive and It does not get any bump steer on corrugations..

It wonders a little at higher Speeds (over 70) but all WJ's do IMO.
The ride height is much better ( it sits similar to my Jeep and i love the height of that) u don't feel as though your sitting on top of the car u still feel like your in an ergonomic position..... ( big test for it as my mate is taking it on a 500Kms round trip over the weekend) - i'll report on that. He has a Aux tank - same as mine and will be interesting to see the range he gets out of 149lt @ 4'' with the 32's...

All in all though i think that with a bit of tweaking with the Castor from the Control arms and moving the track bar to a better position to avoid it fouling it is a real pleasure to drive....

The Great thing about these as well is too the 5-0 they dont look like there lifted much, they still look very street legal (unlike a TJ with a 4'' lift that looks like its on roids ) The WJ behaves very well and when its on the trails the articulation is very impressive..

MRGC will get some Dico'd shots for ya Asap

Hemi
Old 13-09-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGC View Post
With the discos defintely adjust trackbar if only one side is affected and I have the swaybar the same way, I only disconnect the bottom on and cable tie it to the swaybar and to the hook I made up.
If I had my discos like that on the inside they would foul on the inner guard. Hell even the bold head was rubbing on one side until I pulled the swaybar over and put a pipe clamp on the swaybar to stop it moving over (got to get that trackbar replaced).
Old 13-09-2008
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachy View Post
If I had my discos like that on the inside they would foul on the inner guard. Hell even the bold head was rubbing on one side until I pulled the swaybar over and put a pipe clamp on the swaybar to stop it moving over (got to get that trackbar replaced).

Hahahaha Thats very creative nice one!! hehehehehe
Old 14-09-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachy View Post
I have no problems with mine!

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 14-09-2008
SwampDigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemijeepy View Post
Humm let me just say this, It drives like how these things should of when new... The steering is much more positive and It does not get any bump steer on corrugations..

It wonders a little at higher Speeds (over 70) but all WJ's do IMO.
The ride height is much better ( it sits similar to my Jeep and i love the height of that) u don't feel as though your sitting on top of the car u still feel like your in an ergonomic position..... ( big test for it as my mate is taking it on a 500Kms round trip over the weekend) - i'll report on that. He has a Aux tank - same as mine and will be interesting to see the range he gets out of 149lt @ 4'' with the 32's...

All in all though i think that with a bit of tweaking with the Castor from the Control arms and moving the track bar to a better position to avoid it fouling it is a real pleasure to drive....

The Great thing about these as well is too the 5-0 they dont look like there lifted much, they still look very street legal (unlike a TJ with a 4'' lift that looks like its on roids ) The WJ behaves very well and when its on the trails the articulation is very impressive..

MRGC will get some Dico'd shots for ya Asap

Hemi
Thanx.....

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 02-10-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

had a cop pulled me over for RBT and he asked me if the claws are good on road... what did you think i was going to say :P

anyway if you think you are having too much trouble lifting a WJ.. get a simpler vehicle and play with it...
Old 09-10-2008
SwampDigger

Hemi, just recieved my longarm kit, just wanted to know if you saw where the brake line spacers went?

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply