What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 159 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-02-2023
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,153 Times in 610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
Jeeper6...is 'the Ridge' adventure a prospecting based trip or a Billy Goat Races journey ?
No prospecting planned as still too hot out there for my liking, more a Billy Goat journey...after the Ridge heading back via Stanthorpe to restock the Reds, then southeast to Nambucca Heads...heading back via Emerald Beach and Pottsville...tad under 3 weeks away...
Old 25-02-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,958 Times in 2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLMATE View Post
My wife's ASX has a Accessory Kit thru Spares @ Mitsubishi which physically raises the floor in the cargo area to allow a full size 18" alloy spare and tyre to fit where the space saver is, just a thought as I reckon something along the same set up would sort the Jeep out, it only raises it by an inch or so
Doing something similar was my first thought but flipping the wheel over is easier, was quite surprised with the result......... lid is level...

"The Ridge" sitting in the Artesian Pool, visiting my favourite artists gallery, tucker at the Bowls Club and a wander (dragged) around some of the pretty rock shops, of course a view of the sunset is a must...... oh and the $2 Shop is always a good look in................

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 25-02-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
doing something similar was my first thought but flipping the wheel over is easier, was quite surprised with the result......... Lid is level...

cool
Old 26-02-2023
MonsterMoose

Forgot the pic I took..................

Old 02-03-2023
MonsterMoose

Mate gave me a Gator dash cam, brand new in box as he doesn't need it with his new car, thought I would replace my front dash cam with it, then saw it uses wifi and an app so you can use your phone to view and set up, it can go at the back then as these phone apps to operate stuff take so long and are usually rubbish and this proved the point is valid, what a crappy app, won't even play the video so will have to pop the card out and use the laptop, not a biggy, my front facing unit has a screen to view and buttons, so I can check where its looking in about half a sec instead of pulling out the phone, firing up the app and connecting to the unit, load of rubbish............. Anyway the picture is good so hopefully never have the need for video evidence...................

Old 02-03-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,153 Times in 610 Posts

I took my Jeep to a Dealer this morning to have the W58 recall flash carried out...so far so good, I got home ok...lol
I asked them to sort the screaming cooling fan thing as well when it is doing a DPF burn, service bloke said they have "reflashed" the 'puter so all should be good...only will know when the next burn takes place I guess.

I had also mentioned that I didn't think the cooling fan was actually coming on when the temp starts to rise as it just keeps going up instead of reaching a point and either starting to cool or remaining static...won't know if that is any better either until hooking the van up on Saturday and head up Cunninghams Gap...that will test it!

Also had a new key programmed so now have a spare key...I supplied the key they programmed it for nothing...so no Jeep expenses today!

Last edited by Jeeper6; 02-03-2023 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2023
MonsterMoose

If the fan comes on when you start with the AC Off then something is dicky but it will always fire up when the AC is On..........
Reprogrammed a key for free ????? Quick buy a Lotto ticket.

Post New Thread  Reply