My XJ Cherokee's...... - Page 16 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-04-2021
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Let there be Aircon only cost me $10 for a gas top up today and now the 99 is a cool car That's another job off the ever shortening list.
I have the new tranny gasket so now I have to save some pennies up to get that fixed once and for all?
Still waiting on the harness for the light bar
Old 24-04-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
Let there be Aircon only cost me $10 for a gas top up today and now the 99 is a cool car That's another job off the ever shortening list.
I have the new tranny gasket so now I have to save some pennies up to get that fixed once and for all?
Still waiting on the harness for the light bar

trans gasket should be an ok job for the home mechanic, Ive had the pan off quite a few times now

would you mind chucking up a link to the aircon gas supply ?

my aircon guy is tremendous, but he knows it too, his time is not cheap, even though he gives me good rates, as I always slip him cash

one tip...spray anti-corrosion products in around where the condensor metal lines join on the front PS lower...they corrode here, and also make sure nothing is physically touching your condensor
Old 24-04-2021
AJOR Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg View Post
trans gasket should be an ok job for the home mechanic, Ive had the pan off quite a few times now

would you mind chucking up a link to the aircon gas supply ?

my aircon guy is tremendous, but he knows it too, his time is not cheap, even though he gives me good rates, as I always slip him cash

one tip...spray anti-corrosion products in around where the condensor metal lines join on the front PS lower...they corrode here, and also make sure nothing is physically touching your condensor
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25491564...53.m2749.l2649
Old 25-04-2021
AJOR Bronze

Well it was the 96's turn today for some TLC I gave it a good interior clean all the dog dirt and mess in the back seat and dog snot on the glass was the worst dog seat covers were filthy But it is all clean now with a air freshener .. That makes all the difference
Checked all the fluids I needed about 500ml of coolant and about 150ml of oil brake fluid is cool and I will check the tranny tomorrow when I start it .... I know it will be fine as It Don't Leak
I gave the battery a top up for about 5 hrs and I had a spray can of flat black so I even resprayed the wheel flares the blue was starting to come through it has been about 5 years since I painted them
While I was caressing the 96 I thought to myself it needs a face lift It looks sad now with a 14" light bar and 2 small cubes The 99 has the 24 I think it is? on the budge bar and looks the business while the 96 sorta looks half arse Kings have some pretty good spoties for reasonable $ The 96 has the big bullbar so some bold spotties will look good on it and I will install a smart harness and some Zenon bulbs like the 99 has fitted It really made a difference to its headlights
It Never Ends!.............................
Old 28-04-2021
AJOR Bronze

A Question and then some Linseed Oil....
I started the 99 this arvo to bring around the back the exhaust rattle is still there it sounds like the manifold pipe is touching the floor? I need to have a real good look .. maybe tomorrow so after I moved it I was revving it to about 1800rpm in Park trying to get the rattle No not happening in Park OK But I did notice that when I revved it .. the engine shuddered it was like good idle . shudder . smooth 1800rpm?
It didn't seem to misfire It was more like movement in the left engine mount ? and that is Impossible all mounts are new with only about 100 k of pottering around town .. you could feel it in the pedal steering wheel the whole car?
What's your thoughts do you think it might be a Sticky Injector? There is no sign of a miss once you get past the shudder runs perfectly ?
When I finally get around to doing a highway test run I will out some injector cleaner through it and some 98 that might fix it .........
Ignition and sensors are all new or near new A sticky injector is the only thing I can think of?
Linseed Oil
I know I was raving about Olive Oil a while back But I needed to redo the exterior plastics on the 99 again they were going back to Grey and I was going to redo them in olive oil again Then I saw this youtube video where a dude used Linseed Oil ... ok the Father in Law has got some uts about 10 yrs old So I used it WOW! non greasy but tacky 24 hrs later but what a difference and I think it will seal better I did it on everything Black door handles and roof racks window rubbers Everything 100% better
It looks good and I should get the harness tomorrow But there is still the Shudder Gremlin

Old 28-04-2021
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

I remember as a kid using linseed oil on my cricket bat.
Old 29-04-2021
AJOR Bronze

cricket bats .. outdoor furniture .. and Jeeps I spilt some on the wheelie bin lid and it is nice and shiny
I did some googling and youtubing and I am pretty sure it is a sticky injector I got some injector cleaner today off eBay I can wait a week and saved $10
the 96 got the linseed oil treatment as well only have the back window rubber to do have to wash the bush dirt off first ....
The light bar harness arrived today so easy to install I have to change the battery terminal connectors I want them to fit on the wing nuts so off to the hardware tomorrow for some connectors I need a O ring for a Beer Keg ....
I also got the Zenon bulbs today for the 96 lighting update I still need the harness and spotties (next pension)
Always something to do
Post New Thread  Reply