Self help time for slow diesel fill problem - Page 16 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-01-2008
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jk2Door View Post
no problems in my petrol 2 door hey filling is easy
i'll bet you'd love to have the huge bottom end grunt of a diesel though, 410nm at 2000rpm and pulling from 1000rpm in mid range gears. and filling is fine for just 15 bucks and 30 mins of work.
Old 29-01-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Self help time for slow diesel fill problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
mate save yourself a lot of time and the drama of having your vehicle pulled apart. just replace the filler hose amd get it over with and get on with your life.
...Yes... while it's all very well to say " Chrysler/Jeep Australia... should ?" ... Unless you've got more time than most of us...just spend the $20 and move along. Whether this problem has actually ever been brought to the attention of someone with some clout.....ie. not just a flashy title ...remains to be seen..but in the mean time...nothing from a dealerhip level appears to have been pro-active. I'm yet (if ever) to take delivery of one of these cars...but I'll make sure if I do it rates a mention on delivery..and if a problem, fixed on the first service. I'd like long term to get the long range tank...which is another way of solving the problem.... but I'm not sure I'll have any spare cash...if the day ever arrives.
Old 30-01-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

lol..Dave...must of been the Harvey thrashing... Yeah, im prolly gonna do what you boys recomended...Actually ill get the dealer to do it for me...the guys at Wanneroo have been real helpfull...

"Let your pistons do the Torquing"
Old 30-01-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Hey guys I think I was the first to replace the hose between the filler and tank and I can state once again that it works 95 % of the time, last night on the way back from tamworth I squeezed 65.4 litres in under 2 mins. (yes I almost ran out again.

Got 635 km out of a tank, but I have too stop pushing my luck.

Once again if there is anybody who would like assistance with this Mod who is in Sdney I would love to HELP.

STEVO
Old 01-02-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi stevil, and also to ric from longranger tanks. my long range tank has been fitted and although the blokes fitting it filled it first time and said there was no problem filling it i had not had the oportunity to try it myself. just went down to the local servo where fuel had neer gone in before and YES YES YES it works. pulled up at the truck bowser, stuck the truck nozzle in part way and it started and shut off. stuck the nozzle right in and away it went. filled the main tank and about half the long range tank in a very short time, as quick as i've filled any other vehicle. so it works. thanks stevil for yor help and to ric and his crew for my excellent long range tank. the future looks really bright from now on. it is difficult to explain how good i feel after six months of misery with this vehicle. folks i totally recommend the long ranger tank from ARB or the stevil fix. if you have filling problems, just do either one and get on with enjoying your vehicle. YAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I too have been having a problem filling my JK, as a lot of us have. Until Today...... I stopped for fuel at the freedom at Bald Hills, one of the few places that actually put the fuel in for you, cool old fashioned service. Before the guy started I told him that he may have a problem filling it as it keeps on clicking off. Well, MURPHYS LAW struck, it filled from empty to full with out clicking off, I was amazed. All about the angle of the dangle apparently, will try myself next time and see if I can get the same amazing results. He pushed down as he was filling, had the nozzle pushing down hard on the body, worked perfectly.
GME TX3440 UHF
Old 08-02-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickandrina View Post
I too have been having a problem filling my JK, as a lot of us have. Until Today...... I stopped for fuel at the freedom at Bald Hills, one of the few places that actually put the fuel in for you, cool old fashioned service. Before the guy started I told him that he may have a problem filling it as it keeps on clicking off. Well, MURPHYS LAW struck, it filled from empty to full with out clicking off, I was amazed. All about the angle of the dangle apparently, will try myself next time and see if I can get the same amazing results. He pushed down as he was filling, had the nozzle pushing down hard on the body, worked perfectly.
look i don't want to be rude but i have to say that the fill you got was a fluke. if a system is working properly it is not dependant on the angle of the dangle, how you hold your tongue, which service station you buy your fuel from or any other reason. this thread has been going since last august and the problem and is a widspread problem with the diesel wrangler and also occurs in some kj cherokees and even the dodge nitro. chrylser corp acknowledges the existance of a fault and has it's own pseudo fix for it. the fault is in the filler neck and the size of the filler hose. if the filler hose is replaced the problem goes away. countless people around this country have been fighting for 6 months to get something done about the fault and look i am trying not to be rude, but you have not found the miracle cure. you were just lucky on one fill. to assume that after all the efort that has gone into solving this thing the problem is simply the angle of the nozzle in the filler neck is naive at best. if you have the problem i suggest you change the filler hose as suggested on this site, and get on with your life with a vehicle that works. we keep posting the correct cure for the problem so people who get on this thread can find the real solution and fix their vehicle. posts about the angle of the dangle just give false impressions to newcomers who don't know any better. please be nice and listen to those of us who tried all these things before and discarded them. replacing the filler hose is the only permanent solution.
Post New Thread  Reply