WK2 Snorkel - Page 16 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
FYI wonderer that's my jeep and briteways patrol
Nicholas

That was an interesting video, especially in the conditions. THe clicking sound that occured in the Jeep when it was hunting for traction is that normal?

Gazz
Old 11-10-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarps View Post
I managed to get a sneek peek at the Murchison prototype and have to say 'very impressed', and I'm not a big fan of snorkels as they tend to be something you attach afterwards and never looks like it belongs. Not so with the Murchison one. Going to sit nicely on my WK2 early next year when they're available.
Any chance of a sneak peak at a drawing or photo of the prototype Stu? Any? Come on...........
Old 12-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
FYI wonderer that's my jeep and briteways patrol
Hello Nichloas,

Great video & hope my guess was right ..V6 petrol Laredo??...If so then you wouldn't have Quadra-Drive II or Quadra-Lift so the traction control would be BTC (Brake traction Control ) probably the clicking sound..My mate has one and says it tends to be noisy but impressive & agressive. Makes me wonder how much better QuadraDrive on the CRD with Adventure Pack would be because yours is impressive..Some initial wheel spin is need for it (BTC) to work but effective it is...Anyway correct me if I'm wrong.

Another question: if it is a V6 Pentastar Laredo then did you add bash plates??..The front did slam in on one outcrop...I noticed that you had either custom or aftermarket sliders fitted..Mate has Mopar rock rail/sliders (fully replaces the plastic sills) and added OE bash plates...He's hanging out for the ARB bar due out shortly he says....I'm leaning that way plus a Murchison snorkel ..Don't think Airflow are getting their act together now that Warn Industries (winch) has bought them I believe...Different business plan maybe...Hmmm...my inquiry to Airflow answer came back from Ateco Equipment...who are the Warn Industries Inc USA number 1 International Distributors and now Airflow

Last edited by Wanderer; 13-10-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes wonderer no QL or QD and only the v6 petrol. I have added all skid plates below including a custom one for the front radiator. Also custom made rock sliders and at the time of that video 45mm front and 35mm rear spacer lift. It's now at 65 front 35 rear to get it leveled out correctly You can check out my build thread and see what I've done as I can't remember all the time I've spend modifying it, but it hasn't cost much as I've done it all myself

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=124022
Old 12-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 79 Times in 57 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
You can check out my build thread and see what I've done as I can't remember all the time I've spend modifying it, but it hasn't cost much as I've done it all myself

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=124022
Had a look....Great build....Better still, all your work.
Another question: Maybe a snorkel??..Noticed you took the high side at the end through the slop...Easier on the nerves with a snorkel...The air intake isn't in the safest of places.

Last edited by Wanderer; 12-10-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 29-10-2013
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How's this for a tease ...

Murchison WK2 snorkel prototyping

Stu isn't giving away much on this is he.

This video is pretty cool too, though it has nothing to do with snorkels. Love the sound around the 20 second mark ...

Murchison Dyno testing a WK2

Last edited by Savvas; 29-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 29-10-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 158 Times in 112 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

So, they will be made out of wood....

Cheers
Numb Thumbs