Market research for JK gear - Page 16 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

That's really cool Dave... now where's the front one ....

Make it available as weld on as well as bolt on - best of both worlds

What might be improved are the "saddles" .. imo the ears need vertical reinforcement back to the loops to stop them bending and there doesn't look to be enough thread depth in the holes ( depth = diameter ). Being a prototype i'm sure its progressed since the pics so probably already taken care of.

Are the "Speed Holes" dimpled to add strength or just decoration ?

A bit less with the logo as well.... don't want to draw unwelcome attention.

That's now officially on my shopping list........ as long as the price isn't stupid.

Last edited by MightyMouse; 01-10-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

nice work... could easliy weld that truss on clamp it and weld it too
Old 01-10-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave, any idea on when your front bar will be available for purchase?

S24G on Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

The Bar's looking awsome Dave.
Im on th buy list..

A great alternative to the ARB bar i was looking at
Old 03-10-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts

Really mc'lovin where this thread is going also, cheaper bar work that actually looks good, is legal and i don't get raped trying to keep my money in aus!
Eagerly awaiting the gobi themed rack, at half the cost
$2.5k for a roof rack is just waaay to much....
Glad i haven't purchased any bar work as of yet, i am eagerly awaiting finished products!

Whats the possibility of evo inspired rock sliders?
I absolutly love the look of them, and are looking for something that isn't so close to my panels like the black jack ones i have....

Could this be the beginnings of our own mel wade????

But in saying i want to save money, i (and others) won't spend money on s%@t looking gear (think mic offroad crap)

If i only lived local to you, i'd be nosing around like a bad smell haha!

Last edited by jeep112; 03-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-10-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts

Is the rear bar your currently designing going to be different from the current one on your truck dave?
To be honest i'm not a fan of that, or the dbor front bar.......
Old 03-10-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

Front bar- Sent away for crash testing. I now need to hassle the testing lab to push it through, but he's busy. I'm hoping that in 4 weeks i have an answer on Air bag compliance, after that production run is roughly 5 weeks. So I hope to have the first production run ready before christmas.

Rear diff brace- The brace is really there to stop the diff bending up (smiling at you) and not stop front and rear forces (minimal on a diff.) So with that said I'm not going to add gussets to between the saddles and the main section as it would do little to add strength, but add a lot of cost. The speed holes are their for 2 reasons (not formed for strength.) 1. to reduce the weight with out making the whole unit weaker. 2. allow access for the diff breather. Offering a weld on version is only a flick of a mouse on CAD and will obviously be much cheaper. So yes this will also be on offer

Rear bar- The new design is similar to the existing one on my car bar a few changes. The tyre carrier now opens with the rear door not a seperate latch. The winch mount bolts on the outside of the bar instead of the inside so the whole bar does not need to be removed to add the winch. Great for adding just before a trip and not carrying a winch all week long on the back. The jerry can holders are much smaller and sleek. High lift jack holder added.

JK tube doors- nearly ready

JK sliders- This is my next project. I'm going to try for chassis mounted.

JK body cladding- will also be on offer

Front bolt on diff brace, hopefully before christmas, but most likely after.

Roof rack ready early next year

In other news, 2 awsome Ausjeep members have come forward to offer the following services.
1. website design
2. hard top roof rack design
3. table tray for rear door
Post New Thread  Reply