New Jeep Owner -2011 WK2 - Page 17 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-03-2011
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by briteway View Post
I do around 27,000 km annually and use around 6,500 litres of fuel.

With my second vehicle, I rack up around 20,000 km annually and use around 2,500 litres of fuel.

I wish I could do less.
24.1L/100km average? I think you need to take the hand brake off. Worst case I was thinking was around 17L/100km average.

12.5L/100km for your other car is the same as my Focus XR5.
Old 16-03-2011
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Yeah, unfortunately. I can never bring the fuel consumption on the HEMI below 23L/100km. It's always between 23 and 27. This is mainly city driving (peak times). I can't see how 17L/100km is possible.

If I do mixed city & freeway in between peaks, I'll get around 19L/100km, but the peaks quickly kill the average

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Old 16-03-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mate, I've never seen anywhere near 27/100, even when towing in the city!

I used an entire tank of 91 over the weekend, typical urban with 2/3 people aboard, and I took the opportuntity to be mild (not soft) on the throttle, and I averaged 15.8/100.

As I've said before I can easily average 22/23, but that's over a tank of trips less than 5klm in distance, when it's always running rich on cold start.

*** Worth mentioning that when I run my standard wheel/tyre package, saving about 20kg per corner, economy improved by around 2l/100 over my typical grind.
Old 16-03-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmagoo View Post
The attached file was a flyer from Parnell gas conversions stating that they were the only jeep approved lpg conversion company for the HEMI that didn't effect the factory warranty. The flyer talks about the WH and the cylinder being placed in the spare wheel well, which is 70litres useable capacity. I'm guessing the same size or bigger will fit in the 2011 model and will ring Parnell to find out.

I have a 4.7l V8 on LPG injection with the tank in the spare wheel well. It uses about 2l more per 100 km on LPG than petrol. On the highway the computer changes from 11 to 13 when doing about 110km/h on the same flat section when I switch between Fuel & LPG.

Frustration is that when driving around town, I run out of gas after about 230-250kms and it fits 55l ($35). Cost is great but more than anything else, having to fill up so regularly is a pain in the bum.
Old 16-03-2011
MudSplasher

Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
I used an entire tank of 91 over the weekend, typical urban with 2/3 people aboard, and I took the opportuntity to be mild (not soft) on the throttle, and I averaged 15.8/100.
I can't believe this, tell me how you do it I can only dream of that fuel economy.

I can't even get that when I travel long highway trips to other towns.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Old 16-03-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmagoo View Post
I just received an email today from my local jeep dealership with some answers to questions I had. See below:

...."1/ what is the service interval for the HEMI?
First service 6000km, 2nd 12000km, 3rd 24000km etc
2/ how much does each servicing cost for the HEMI?
Each servicing will vary but on average will be $350 to $500
3/ if I were to covert the HEMI to LPG what factory warranty implications would this pose?
Please see attached file.
4/ what is the service interval for the diesel?
First service is 5000km 2nd 10 000km, 3rd 20 000km etc
5/ how much does each servicing cost for the diesel
Will be similar to your current Grand Cherokee from what the mechanics tell me.
6/ any update on when you might have an overland in stock
Overland looks like it will be here late may.
7/ finally, any news on diesel pricing
Nothing official but will probably be the same or very similar pricing as the Hemi...."

The attached file was a flyer from Parnell gas conversions stating that they were the only jeep approved lpg conversion company for the HEMI that didn't effect the factory warranty. The flyer talks about the WH and the cylinder being placed in the spare wheel well, which is 70litres useable capacity. I'm guessing the same size or bigger will fit in the 2011 model and will ring Parnell to find out.

Now I have to sit down and work out if the cost of running the vehicle after the lpg conversion is the same as the diesel considering the less servicing required over the 5 years I plan to have it for.

Decisions decisions
Don't believe a sales me on the costs of servicing. The following is straight from a service manager at a Jeep Dealership. Nothing under $400 and up almost $1400 for major service. Much more expensive compared to other manufacturers which is putting me off, but I love the car!!

Diesel

The service intervals are 10,000km or 6 months

10,000/6months $463
20,000/12months $567
30,000/18months $463
40,000/24months $1360
50,000/30months $1062
60,000/36months $607
70,000/42months $463
80.000/48months $1360

Petrol

The service intervals are 12,000km or 6 months

12,000/6month $455
24,000/12month $493
36,000/18month $1077
48,000/24month $1255
60,000/30month $455
72,000/36month $1115
84,000/42month $455
96,000/48month $1255
Old 16-03-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
I have a 4.7l V8 on LPG injection with the tank in the spare wheel well. It uses about 2l more per 100 km on LPG than petrol. On the highway the computer changes from 11 to 13 when doing about 110km/h on the same flat section when I switch between Fuel & LPG.

Frustration is that when driving around town, I run out of gas after about 230-250kms and it fits 55l ($35). Cost is great but more than anything else, having to fill up so regularly is a pain in the bum.
What lpg system are you using? Because Parnell have said that there VSI system doesn't change power or economy what's so ever, also Parnell have told me that in the next few months they will be releasing a new lpg system that will provide more power and better economy than using petrol, this will also be covered under factory warranty for 3 years then has an extended period for another two years. Also, since I will be novated leasing the vehicle the government grants for lpg conversion are not excepted - bugger

Last edited by jdmagoo; 17-03-2011 at 07:15 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply