What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 171 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2008
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcb74xj96 View Post
uncle hank -- a two inch lift and 31's , gonna need to cut out for a bigger roller door !( on the shed that is....)
True, with a 2 inch lift and 31's it will be around 1/2 inch too tall.
That's ok though, it will be parked in another shed, that one was just for spray painting as I didn't want overspray on my other cars.

I also didn't care for the matte black and didn't want to go gloss so I went for some satin black, after doing the bullbar I re-coated the wheels in it as well (didn't bother about taping them up due to new tyres about to be fitted).
Wheels and bar will be getting a second coat tomorrow before the lift and new tyres.
Old 07-12-2008
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

as in interim to fitting 33's

i decided to fit 31's with a 1" lift and some bushwackers.

still building up my d44 and saving for ratios for the front with a locker. Possibly need another inch or 2 to fit my 33 swampers

finished today, now to start on the home made snorkel.

Old 07-12-2008
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

YankeeDave

Looks good - seems to fill out the guards widthwise
What's the size and offset of your rims?
Old 07-12-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Swapped out the visous fan for an electric 16". Just wired it in with the smaller 'lectric one for now, but I want to have it coming on when I stop and also crawling along in traffic or on the trial (but not the smaller one - it's too noisy!). I haven't figured out the best way to do that yet. I suppose I could tap into the speedo sensor & build a circuit that times the pulses, Of course I also need a manual over-ride switch inside. Next week end work!

I was actually amazed at how different it feels. Sure, I expected the noise to be gone, but it also does actually seem to change gears more crisply.

XJ Sport 98
Old 08-12-2008
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

tyres are 31x10.5x15
rims are 15x8 with a negative 1" offset. I dont know what that is in jeep speak, just what i quoted to get the rims of dynamic rims here in vic.

i think that may be 3.5" backspacing.

Buswackers do a great job of opening up the wheel wells, i could have had the 31's on with no lift and not touched anything. In fact with a bit more bump stops i could almost fit my 33 swampers (measure 33.8") with only a 1" lift in the rear and 1 3/4" in the front. Will post pics with the swampers on later.
Old 08-12-2008
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blujeep View Post
Ok went to Repco and got a VN heater valve tap, also asked about the XJ one. Turned out is was the same price and actually is made for an EB V8 Falcon (part no HV6315). Had a look at both and not much difference for the VN - the vacuum part points in the other direction. so got the XJ one.
It's made by Gates should should be OK. $35.83. Will put it in this arvo. I don't need a heater up here but I don't like having broken bits either.
Old 08-12-2008
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Major service, F and R diff oils, Trans, Engine, Coolant Flush, re-grease of the slip yoke and a few other bits. Drives so much nicer now.

Adding a Leaf spring next week which will give me over an inch of lift.