What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 172 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 683 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
Hey Le Cheese....just a question....how often does your a/c get run ???.....havent heard of the a/c condenser being a 'weak point' so thanks for the heads up with that.
AC has been running nearly full time for 120k and 8 years! Hasn't been an issue up until now, and if I'd not seen the wet patch on the concrete I wouldn't have known. Still blowing as cold as ever.

They're a reasonably common failure I believe - at least I see it mentioned often on other forums. Might not be that typical, and could just be a numbers thing to be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
If its the AC leaking usually means the AC isn't working or at least not well and not for long, I would get it checked ASAP, usually cheaper that way.......... nip a tiny hole in steering boot if it leaks juice you have bad seals if not then no leaks..... of course nip a neat round hole in the lowest part of the boot ... advised one fella who said I was wrong as his was leaking big time later on, when we checked he had put the hole at the top of the boot...... Duh.....
Yeah I'm getting it replaced in 3wks at next service. Unfortunately there's a bit of driving to do between now and then, so might be a windows down job. As I said above, I only noticed it as it parks on concrete every night, so thankfully picked it up early.

Re: the steering pump, that's a problem for another day. While having a look at the condenser I noticed the boots have the telltale 'wet' look to the underside, so there's definitely some fluid sitting in there - but I keep a close eye on the fluid and I've only had to put in probably 100mL over the vehicle's life, so it can't be that much...

Old 09-09-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,965 Times in 2,338 Posts

If this drip from the AC plumbing up front is regular then its not the AC as the refrigerant will evaporate, the oil in the system isn't enough to drip into puddles and the compressor would croak it quickly anyway.......... It could be condensation dripping from any pipes that have insulation.............. Clean the suss area with metho and keep an eye on it regularly to see what eventuates... green could be pipe corrosion.

I once had drama in a vehicle, something was leaking but couldn't see what, I eventually found the power steering rack was leaking and it was wicking up a electrical harness and coming out well away from the power steering, no sign of a leak on the rack and I only found it when I pushed the harness out of the way and it all came out ......

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 09-09-2023
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 128 Times in 76 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studgun View Post
Swapped my 20" wheels over to 2014 18" wheels with Hankooks in 275/65R18

Before:

After:

Looks great. I have a set of 18's and have just received the TPS for the wheels as well. Now the hunt is on for a good sent of MT's. I wanted the Falken Wildpeak MT's but aparently they don't make them in our size. Might have to go the Maxxis....
Old 09-09-2023
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 128 Times in 76 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Took delivery of my GME XRS-370C4P XRS Connect 4WD Pack yesterday, now to find a spot to fit the unit and the handset.

I'm thinking in the space where the stop/start battery is in under the passenger seat, hopefully it won't get too hot.

Last edited by john_char; 09-09-2023 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2023
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,965 Times in 2,338 Posts

I just stuck mine to the carpet under the passenger seat with the hand piece clip double sided taped to the centre console, fitted them like that to quite a few vehicles, works fine and if properly prepped stick like the proverbial ..............

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 11-09-2023
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_char View Post
Took delivery of my GME XRS-370C4P XRS Connect 4WD Pack yesterday, now to find a spot to fit the unit and the handset.

I'm thinking in the space where the stop/start battery is in under the passenger seat, hopefully it won't get too hot.
Got my unit double sided taped to the tunnel side of the battery box - I don't have a start/stop battery in there too though as I've got a 2015. Handpiece is double sided taped to the dash at the right-hand 'kink' next to he volume knob

Old 11-09-2023
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
If this drip from the AC plumbing up front is regular then its not the AC as the refrigerant will evaporate, the oil in the system isn't enough to drip into puddles and the compressor would croak it quickly anyway.......... It could be condensation dripping from any pipes that have insulation.............. Clean the suss area with metho and keep an eye on it regularly to see what eventuates... green could be pipe corrosion.

I once had drama in a vehicle, something was leaking but couldn't see what, I eventually found the power steering rack was leaking and it was wicking up a electrical harness and coming out well away from the power steering, no sign of a leak on the rack and I only found it when I pushed the harness out of the way and it all came out ......

Post New Thread  Reply