Return of the Red 99 Sport! - Page 19 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-09-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluBelle View Post
Well I am sorta happy today I got some foam tube insulation stuff for pipes you know roof racks and surfboards I put a bit of electrical conduit inside so it would not deform put that up the top of the tranny cooler and condenser test fitted the old radiator a really nice fit no vibration only thing is I have to move the tranny hoses
Anyway it will be fine .. it wont be getting registered until next year I gotta pull my head in .. Pensioner Lifestyle ..
I am still wondering if I can do the engine mounts myself?
So I will leave the tube fin cooler in for the time being ... I am happy with the install ... next will be running the head light loom and light bar cable need to do that before I put the radiator in ... and everything else
It's going to Flog down here tonight so there wont be much going on here tomorrow
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Looks like some hail coming, best keep it under cover if you can.
Old 21-09-2020
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,080 Times in 692 Posts

The engine mounts are easy, but a lot of crawling under, over etc..a bit fiddly, but rewarding.
I had Brown Dog mounts in mine, but even the rubber ones vibrated too much.
I went back to new stock ones.

Cheers,
Old 22-09-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

No hail here Fishframe... we got over 29 ml on Saturday night and another 14.9 Monday night and that's just here in town out Longreach way it really come down
"The engine mounts are easy, but a lot of crawling under, over etc..a bit fiddly, but rewarding."
Thanks Alex that gives me some confidence I might be able to do it....... I just have to factor my disability in?
Not being a cry baby, that's just the way it is .
I felt the same way before I pulled the bash plate and fuel tank out , to replace the pump.........
I haven't got the engine mounts yet so I can put it back together now the head light bulbs arrived today
I'll give it a day or so for the ground to dry out
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 22-09-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Best mates son did up (f.... up) a Nissan Patrol. Has been driving it around, off roading and all that. It sprung a fuel leak. Mate got under to have a look and said ‘why are your engine mounts both sides missing their bolts’ ! It’s been a stuff up from day one. Was a perfectly good family car handed down to him - a 3.0l auto wagon with 170,000km. It’s now a 4.0l manual which hasn’t gone a full week before some sort of breakdown. After the latest disaster he said ‘Dad, I want to increase the turbo boost’. Dad not impressed because he was serious,
Old 23-09-2020
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Ants every where crawling up your legs I put some ant powder down and waited 10 mins and finally got the top tranny hose moved and refitted still not happy with the setup the only hose I could get is stamped fuel line and is not quote 3/8 must be a metric hose? but at least the car will run and as it is not leaving the yard.... so who gives a shit! at the moment
I was having a Beer with my neighbour (ex diesel mechanic and now baker) ... "I will help you do the engine mounts.... they are Easy! ... I like your Beer!" ..................
Awesome! .. more savings $$$ That means .. I only need a RWC and Rego ......... End of the Year Perhaps
The Plan changes with every Beer
Depending on the weather I would like to get the wiring up front done so I can put the grill back in then on to the cooling system ... start it and move around to the side of the house
It will probably sit for a month or so while I get the engine mounts I can fiddle and get the light bar wired up and I need to fit a trailer plug
I am going to wait until the Jeep is registered and then that tranny cooler gets ripped out and exchanged for a plate fin cooler and better hose ....
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
That's the Plan ... "and they called it The Plan"
Old 24-09-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 145 Times in 89 Posts

We cut the tranny lines off behind the engine mount , flared them , ran the hose up over the mount and out to the cooler.
Common for the upper control arm mount on the diff to crush the hard line , if hitting a whoop a little fast.
Do seem to remember having to change the hose size when changed from standard cooler to B&M.
And it was a bitch to find the right size
Old 24-09-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobrent View Post
We cut the tranny lines off behind the engine mount , flared them , ran the hose up over the mount and out to the cooler.
Common for the upper control arm mount on the diff to crush the hard line , if hitting a whoop a little fast.
Do seem to remember having to change the hose size when changed from standard cooler to B&M.
And it was a bitch to find the right size
I took a similar approach when I found my hard lines had been crushed and were leaking fluid, after purchasing the vehicle

I did not bypass the radiator trans "cooler"...this is not advisable, for several reasons

I did fit a much larger trans air cooler that I had laying around, more than twice the size of the original...which had also been bypassed and fluid pissed out when I hooked it up

Lord knows how long this had been going on..Good one PO
Post New Thread  Reply