Blown up my CRD - Page 19 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 14-01-2009
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,977 Times in 2,348 Posts

I think you will agree that overall there is a lot of Jeeps out there and really the amount of major problems that have been encountered and shown on here is probably no more or less than other makes. Patrols had a really bad run awhile ago Landrovers have copped it as well as Toyota so I don't think Jeeps are anymore prone to failure. I'm on my 2nd Jeep and before that have had Landys, Cruisers and an early Patrol and they did big miles just as my Jeep.
My biggest worry with a Jeep like my WG 2.7 is parts availability you just can't pick up a rad hose or fuel filter from Repco so have to cart the spares with you when you travel, the electronics side is something that all brands have to contend with but you find that a lot of mechanics have Chrysler scanners so no probs reading codes.
I service my own vehicles and find the Jeep great to work on, I have to I can't afford the service costs charged.
And I would recommend buying one.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 14-01-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumby View Post
Hi Guys... reading this thread as well....

Obviously feel sorry for Jenko...

Would like to say though my 2.7CRD WG 04 Merc engine has not missed a beat. 93K now on the clock and touring around (today at 43 degrees) and all is fine. 8.7ltr/100 fuel is great when taking the family and gear around.... wouldn't even consider the larger 4*4's. Parts for me have been OK... you just need to do some work to make sure you don't get ripped from a greedy dealership - some are quite good in my opinion....plenty of aftermarket and ebay/USA options as well...

Im planning to keep mine for a long time... confident it will hold out ok!

Cheers
Chumby
I dont think anyone could complain about diesel mercs they have a pretty good rep and it does take a genius to workout that it wasn't jenko's fault but the fact that they didn't tell him what caused it and that quote was basically a big f.u. that's what the compaints in this thread are about
Old 14-01-2009
Sandgroper

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

yeah, absolute bullcrap, thats a ridiculous (diesel) engine lifespan, I definately will not be upgrading the jeep anytime soon now!

'98 TJ

Last edited by BennyWA; 14-01-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 14-01-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts

Didnt want to get involved in this one but I feel I should mention someone I know with a 2 year old diesel mid sized sedan from the other german marque,car stopped with fuel problems dealers claimed contaminated fuel,owner contacted service station(sole fuel supply)diesel pumps shut down for two days till tests could be done.Tests on servo tanks came up ok.dealer refused to release fuel samples, end result 14000 dollar repair bill not covered under warranty for bad fuel.
Old 14-01-2009
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,977 Times in 2,348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyWA View Post
yeah, absolute bullcrap, thats a ridiculous engine lifespan, I definately will not be upgrading the jeep anytime soon now!
Why ??? because one out of quite a few thoasand CRD's has blown. ???

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 14-01-2009
Original Mexican Mafia

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You should have taken the %50 offer. Now all the leagle crap your gonna have to put up with (costs included) are going to add up to alot more than 77K.
Chrysler is protecting themselves against an individual who has modified his car beyond its design. It failed. And now your crying fowl. Suck it up big fella. You may not like the way you have been treated by them but thats completely another issue. The crux of the argument is your car failed whilst it was out of warranty. So you have no claim.
If you think that them offering you 1/2 of the cost is an admition of responsibility your are stupid.
As for every one who has decided against buying a Jeep because of this thread you are very easily influenced, shallow one might say.
Old 14-01-2009
Sandgroper

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Why ??? because one out of quite a few thoasand CRD's has blown. ???
Because of the replacement engine (CRD anyway) cost mate, thats freeking ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EXTREME JEEP View Post
You should have taken the %50 offer. Now all the leagle crap your gonna have to put up with (costs included) are going to add up to alot more than 77K.
Chrysler is protecting themselves against an individual who has modified his car beyond its design. It failed. And now your crying fowl. Suck it up big fella. You may not like the way you have been treated by them but thats completely another issue. The crux of the argument is your car failed whilst it was out of warranty. So you have no claim.
If you think that them offering you 1/2 of the cost is an admition of responsibility your are stupid.
As for every one who has decided against buying a Jeep because of this thread you are very easily influenced, shallow one might say.
You don't have to go offending people mate.. you're shallow for calling people you don't know stupid and shallow for one... Jenko and others including myself are just voicing their opinions and have not offended you so why offend us?
After all, this is a discussion forum is it not?

'98 TJ

Last edited by BennyWA; 14-01-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Post New Thread  Closed Thread