TJ: sht50 buildup - Page 19 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-10-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

righto so got my genright lifted body mounts on tuesday and finished mounting them up this afternoon, such an easy way to get around not using pucks.

so got that finished, then went and picked up the steel to finish out the new rear chassis section 50x75 4mm wall thickness. it will be plenty strong with a couple of gussets and roll cage tied into it. Also started welding out the artec backhalf pieces ill throw some photos up when im done. Going to order some more stuff from ruffstuff tonight as they are having a 20% off sale again. need to get some pieces to fab up a new transfer crossmember , so i can tuck it up out of the way and ditch the factory plate. well its coming along nicely now, just have to start getting my head around link placement and what size coilovers to run.

and on another note got a new front bar for the bt50, dont have to worry about pesky roo's anymore.

Old 29-10-2014
I like stuff and things.

Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

Great stuff! Like...
Old 31-10-2014
Full Flexer

pretty productive days off, finished all the body mounts. got the rear chassis section finished off came up great really.

I will be running some gusset in the rear corners of the chassis and perhaps a crossmember as such between the rails depending on up travel and if i have the space.
Im a bit unsure on what to do for a bumper. i love how clean the rear end looks but i will smash the tub up without some protection on the trailing edge.

And i will also need recovery points anyway. i have though about some 1/4" thick plate being welded to the bottom of the chassis then bending it up as a mini ramp to protect it. i would then be able to pick up the last body mount sections that i havnt got mounted yet, and also notch the tub to have a 1/2" thick recovery plate come through and weld it off the side of the chassis. we will see anyway.
Old 06-11-2014
Full Flexer

got back into into it today and basically just started placing links where i thought they looked right. then measured up all the numbers and plugged them into the 4 link calc.
they didnt come out to bad from the get go really.

Then i decided to change some numbers around to lower my roll axis and lower my antisquat. raised the axle end lower bracket 2", upper frame 1" and pulled the lowers in at the frame 2.5" which is all very possible to do and made the numbers look heaps better.

Last edited by sht50; 06-11-2014 at 07:43 PM. Reason: forgot a link
Old 10-11-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

iv offen wondered about cutting off the rest of the tub (below the back door) and just having a rear bar that basically replaces the material removed
Old 11-11-2014
Full Flexer

You can't really take that section out as there is a lot of strength in there for the tub. Without it, it would be flimsy as hell.
Old 02-12-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

aah k nice to know!