So you want a Long Armed WJ- Its Hard! - Page 19 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-11-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
Greeting Ladies & Gents of the WG world. As an avid fan of these beasts, i've ordered a 6" lift LA Kit from Claytons Off Road in the States. This kit will be for personal use and testing only at this stage. I have struck a deal with the owner in relation to being an agent for them here in Australia. I'll be making the coils locally as I do now for my other Jeep kits, in 4", 5" and 6" and also supplying shocks on a case by case scenario (depending on what $$$ and quality the customer wants).
I'll keep you all posted on my progress. The kit is either being fitted to a 2001 WG v8 Laredo or a 2002 V8 H.O Overland, not sure yet

Im dying to get my hands on this kit and trial it off road, she's going to be bananas. The flex that these WG's achieve with a long arm is nothing short of outstanding.
I will be very keen to see how what package and price you come up with. Currently seriously considering the IRO LA kit, but I know the Claytons is a superior product (but also costs a lot more).
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 20-11-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Claytons is a weld on kit, Ironrock is bolt-on kit.
Since your their distributer, you should speak to josh at Ironrock about being their Oz distributer, I was asked last year to do it but have too much on as is.

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 21-11-2009
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfseller06 View Post
Hey crdstu,
When do you think you will have your kit installed? As I have a 5'5inch longarm kit on its way fron Ironrock(due to here on the 5th of Jan.) Would be good to go for a wheel together an see how they both compare to each other as I see that your not to far away. I drive an 04 overland H.O. What size tyres will you go for?
Mark..
Gday Mark nice to meet you. Its going to be early next year by the looks of it due to shipping from the US at this time of year. Would be keen to go for a wheel with you as well. What colour is your O'Land?
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 21-11-2009
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGC View Post
Claytons is a weld on kit, Ironrock is bolt-on kit.
Since your their distributer, you should speak to josh at Ironrock about being their Oz distributer, I was asked last year to do it but have too much on as is.
Hi there MRGC - we run into each other in the funniest places hey ?

Im very brand loyal when it comes to selling someone elses' product. I think it would be a major business conflict of interest to sell a few different peoples (same) product. Clayton & I are working on a business plan that will make the kits not only affordable, but partially locally made with my King Springs and custom rates to suit our conditions / needs ect.
I most likely will bring in TJ and JK LA kits when it becomes available. I really like the Clayton product so far and the Yanks love em too. There are a few budget kits on the market that break arms and mounts too so be aware of that!
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 15-01-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
Gday Mark nice to meet you. Its going to be early next year by the looks of it due to shipping from the US at this time of year. Would be keen to go for a wheel with you as well. What colour is your O'Land?
Metalic Black.
Old 16-01-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 50 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrardB View Post
I'm glad I read through this post from start to finish I was gonna ask why you were changin the diffs, but lucky for me it was all answered in the preceding posts.

Couple of Questions:

Where the hell are the update pics?
with the IRO front long arm kit how is the castor adjusted?
Isn't the IRO long arm on the front left meant for drivers side in US? if so, does that mean it's around the wrong way for our RHD vehicles?
When trimming, wouldn't you extend the CA length and trim the plastic bumpers to fit 33" and up tyres rather than trimming the body side?
It's late, why am I so tired? (coz I read all this post der...) Can't remeber what else I was gonna ask, it'll come to me tomorrow.
Hey fellas, no-one answered any of my questions so I'm gonna give it another shot.. ^^
Old 19-01-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Castor adjusted on the iron Y top link, which stays on the left on Aussie vehicles, and yes, trimming needed on bumpers only.
Post New Thread  Reply