2.7 air cond pump - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2014

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek67j View Post
Well,

Firstly, if the compressor is not working at all then:

Not enough gas, no gas/leak.. Need to put it on a set of gauges to check it.
Compressor electrical ie relay, fuse but after putting it on gauge.
If compressor going on and off rapidly, not enough gas. Cars generally need a top up after about 10 yrs.

What is the ac doing ?? Is it a little cool ? Compressor noisy ?? What are the symptoms?
all seems to work but no cold air , comp switches on and of as needed , i took it to a a/c mob today and they said the same , pump not pumping , they did put gauges on it , the only noise ya hear is wen ya turn of the eng of it makes a fan belt type squick , think ill grab a second hand pump n get it put on , my main concern is , is there some type of switch that would be stopping the gas moving to the compressor
Old 02-12-2014

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

ps these are the codes it reads

not saying there all air cond codes , unsure wat the all mean
some of these codes could be from batt problem a little time back , old owner had batt problem , i havent

Last edited by BACAMICK; 02-12-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2014
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACAMICK View Post
ps these are the codes it reads

not saying there all air cond codes , unsure wat the all mean
some of these codes could be from batt problem a little time back , old owner had batt problem , i havent
So these are the odometer codes, correct. You know you can pull specific air con codes from the climate control system.
Old 02-12-2014
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

From wjjeeps.com http://www.wjjeeps.com/climate.htm

May or may not help.

AZC fault codes

Fault codes are two-digit numbers that identify a circuit that is malfunctioning. The Automatic Zone Control (AZC) control module has a system self-diagnostic mode which continuously monitors various parameters during normal system operation. If a system fault is detected, a current and historical fault is recorded. When the current fault is cleared, the historical fault remains until reset (manually or automatically). Both the current and historical fault codes can be accessed through either the front panel, or over the Programmable Communications Interface (PCI) bus using a DRBIII scan tool, and the appropriate diagnostic information.

The two different kinds of fault codes are:

1. Current Fault Codes - Current means the fault is present right now. There are two types of current faults: input faults, and system faults.

2. Historical Fault Codes - Historical or stored means that the fault occurred previously, but is not present right now. A majority of historical fault codes are caused by intermittent wire harness or wire harness connector problems.

AZC self-diagnostic mode:

1. To enter the self-diagnostic mode, depress the a/c and recirc buttons at the same time and hold. Rotate the left temperature control knob clockwise (CW) one detent.

2. If you continue to keep the a/c and recirc buttons depressed, the AZC control module will perform a Segment Test of the Vacuum Fluorescent (VF) display. In the Segment Test you should see all of the display segments illuminate as long as both buttons are held. If a display segment fails to illuminate, the vacuum fluorescent display is faulty and the a/c heater control must be replaced.

3. After viewing the Segment Test, release the A/C and Recirc buttons and the display will clear momentarily. If there are no fault codes, the “00” display value will remain in the VF window. Should there be any codes, each will be displayed for one second in ascending numerical sequence (note: no effort is made to display faults in the order they occurred). The left side set temperature display will be blanked and the right side set temperature display will indicate current and historical codes (8 historical max) presently active.

Once all codes have been displayed, the system will repeat the fault code numbers. This will continue until the left side set temperature control is moved at least one detent position in either direction, by pressing both the A/C and Recirc buttons at the same time, or the ignition is turned off. Record all of the fault codes, then see the Current and Historical Fault Code charts below for the descriptions.

Clearing fault codes

Current faults cannot be electronically cleared. Repair must be made to the system to eliminate the fault causing code. Historical fault codes can be cleared manually, or automatically. To clear a historical fault manually, depress and hold either the A/C or Recirc button for at least three seconds while the display is in the fault code mode of operation. Historical fault codes are cleared automatically when the corresponding current fault code has been cleared, and has remained cleared for 72 ignition cycles. The faults have been cleared when two horizontal bars appear in the Test Selector display.

AZC fault codes
Input faults 01 = IR thermister circuit open
02 = IR thermister circuit shorted
03 = Fan pot shorted
04 = Fan pot open
05 = Mode pot shorted
06 = Mode pot open
07 = IR sensor delta too large
08 = Reserved
09 = Reserved
10 = One of four motor drivers has drive "A" shorted to ground
11 = Engine air intake temperature bus message missing
12 = Country code bus message missing
System faults 13 = Mode motor not responding
14 = AI (Recirc) motor not responding
15 = Left temperature door not responding
16 = Right temperature door not responding
17 = Mode door travel range too small
18 = Mode door travel range too large
19 = AI (Recirc) door travel too small
20 = AI (Recirc) door travel too large
21 = Left temperature door travel too small
22 = Left temperature door travel too large
23 = Right temperature door travel too small
24 = Right temperature door travel too large
25 = Calibration check sum error
26 = Engine coolant temp bus message missing
27 = Vehicle speed bus message missing
28 = Engine RPM bus message missing
29 = OAT bus message missing
30 = Display intensity bus message missing
31 = VIN number bus message missing
32 = Raw OAT buss message missing

Input faults 33 = IR thermister circuit was open
34 = IR thermister circuit was shorted
35 = Fan pot was shorted
36 = Fan pot was open
37 = Mode pot was shorted
38 = Mode pot was open
39 = IR sensor delta was too large
40 = Reserved
41 = Reserved
42 = One of four motor drivers had drive 9A9 shorted to ground
43 = Engine air intake temperature bus message missing
44 = Country code buss message missing

System faults 45 = Mode motor was not responding
46 = AI (Recirc) motor was not responding
47 = Left temperature door was not responding
48 = Right temperature door was not responding
49 = Mode door travel range too small
50 = Mode door travel range too large
51 = AI (Recirc) door travel range too small
52 = AI (Recirc) door travel range too large
53 = Left temperature door travel too small
54 = Left temperature door travel too large
55 = Right temperature door travel too small
56 = Right temperature door travel too large
57 = Calibration check sum error
58 = Engine coolant temp bus message missing
59 = Vehicle speed bus message missing
60 = Engine RPM bus message missing
61 = OAT bus message missing
62 = Display intensity bus message missing
63 = VIN number bus message missing
64 = Raw OAT bus message was missing
65 = Reserved
66 = Reserved
67 = Reserved
Old 03-12-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,975 Times in 2,347 Posts

So what did the AC mob quote you for the job ?
If the clutch is kicking in then it is usual the valves and seals that are stuffed, I have fitted a second hand one once but had to replace it months later with a recon which I should have done in the first place, ended up costing me more with 2 regasses in a short time. Not in a Jeep though. It is easier to get them to do it as your up for big money if you wreck the connectors or lines.

Basic test is run AC, feel lines from compressor one should be warm/hot one should be cold. If not then broken.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 03-12-2014

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
So what did the AC mob quote you for the job ?
If the clutch is kicking in then it is usual the valves and seals that are stuffed, I have fitted a second hand one once but had to replace it months later with a recon which I should have done in the first place, ended up costing me more with 2 regasses in a short time. Not in a Jeep though. It is easier to get them to do it as your up for big money if you wreck the connectors or lines.

Basic test is run AC, feel lines from compressor one should be warm/hot one should be cold. If not then broken.
$1600 with a new one , $400 for a secondhand one fitted up
Old 03-12-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,975 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACAMICK View Post
$1600 with a new one , $400 for a secondhand one fitted up
Well thats a good price on both !!! You should be right with the second hand job as they usually test them out pretty good as they don't want to fix it again, thats at an AC shop that is.
I fitted my own from a no go car worked fine in the old car just didn't like mine after a few months.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply