Dash Board Help Needed PLEASE!!! - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2005
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's the only way you'll find out - just start pulling things apart You'll find that most of the time there are clips holding your dash trim in place, and a firm yank will pull it loose. But to be safe use a wide plastic lever (like a putty knife) pry the bits apart.

I found the extra dash bit from someone on a KJ forum in the states, then browsed the putty/filler section in bunnings to find something suitable to build around the monitor housing.
Old 05-09-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im with you all the way dude! Ive got an 95 xj limmited and im about to put an Alpine slide out dvd screen with reversing camera on it in the vent you describe before.Where the cd player is now is where the uhf radio will go and the guys at Northfield car radios here is bris-vegas will do the install.They have already done it before to the xj's and comes up a treat!!!
Old 06-09-2005
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticka
Im with you all the way dude! Ive got an 95 xj limmited and im about to put an Alpine slide out dvd screen with reversing camera on it in the vent you describe before.Where the cd player is now is where the uhf radio will go and the guys at Northfield car radios here is bris-vegas will do the install.They have already done it before to the xj's and comes up a treat!!!
Hi Ticka!

I reckon it will look pretty good.

I pulled the dash out yesterday afternoon and had a look behind the heater controls. It is easy to relocate the heater controls upward. Swapping the stereo and heater control locations is simple, but the vent is another matter. I would be very interested in how they will fit a screen where the vent is. It appears to be a one pieve plastic mould which supplies air to that vent and the two little vents next to it. I didnt have a look at removing the vent as it is melted (yes melted) to the frame.

If anyone has any idea if this vent can be pulled out or the piping reloacted I am keen to hear about it. I tool some pictures and will post them if anyone is interested.

Cheers

MJ
Old 06-09-2005
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool

found this one the other night might help a bit depending on your year model
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11382_7...html?tag=smgif
Old 07-09-2005
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjeepguy
found this one the other night might help a bit depending on your year model
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-11382_7...html?tag=smgif
Thanks OzJeepGuy...

I had a look at that site originally. Gave me some good ideas....

Does anyone know of a stereo installation kit that will allow a single din stereo to hang out far enough so a lcd screen could come out and not hit the upper lip of of the dashboard?

I figure I am going to modify the dash by moving the heater controls down about 1 inch so it is just above the vent, then mounting the DVD player (1 din unit) and LCD screen (1 din unit) one on top of each other. I should have just enough space to do that.

All I have to do is cut the wood grain bezel to make it look factory.

Any help anyone?

Cheers

MJ
Old 07-09-2005
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You might find something on http://www.mp3car.com - there seem to be a few people that have pulled apart their Cherokee's dash. Here's a couple:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...light=cherokee

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=jeep+cherokee
Old 17-09-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We just bought a portable, sits on the console, works fine, no need to do a thing to anything.......great for camping too.
Post New Thread  Reply