When is enough not enough ? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-06-2008
StaunStar

Liked 57 Times in 37 Posts

A 2 inch welch plug is a 2 inch welch plug.
Just go to Repco and ask for a 2 inch welch plug.
No part number needed. Hope this helps.
Old 21-06-2008
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Whatever way you spin it you want more help from Gojeep rather than him posting a link to his site, maybe he has nothing else to help you and all the detail he has is on his site, maybe he cant be arsed and is watching telly. Maybe it would be better for you if he posted nothing in your threads like 90% of the registered users on here.

If you posted up an answer to a question and it didn't have everything I needed, or a link to a site and I still couldn't work it out, sure I'd ask for clarification but I wouldn't start a thread saying you posting a link just isn't good enough stating, to quote you exactly,

Its the constant posting of a private internet site address in response to posts asking for different or updated, current information or experiences which has prompted this thread - Particularly when I have made it known on several occasions in the past, that I have been referencing Go Jeeps site. Its enough to make you think that the posting of the site link is more important than the posts questions or content

Maybe you should just PM GoJeep and tell him this and see what he thinks.

And like Toyrox says, in this example a 2" welch plug is a 2" welch plug, as stated on Gojeeps site.

Cheers
Steve
Old 21-06-2008
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts

Srry I forgot this was a FREE public domain site. Silly me thought all the advice and info I have gained I payed for and had a right to complain about anything I got.

Srry about that.
Old 21-06-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvesdodo View Post
Recently I asked in several posts for details and follow up information in regards to some vehicle repairs. These repairs are a constant item in the XJ fraternity and I would have presumed that current info and followup updates would benefit others beside myself.

Most recently, I asked for details ( for phone ordering purposes ) of the brass welch plugs which can be used in the 4.0l engine. Adequate purchasing details and locations are not available by searching nor in another prominent site. The fact that the replacement welch plugs - which I have yet to see - are stamped with the measurement is exactly the information I would have appreciated from Go Jeep, rather than just being redirected to his site yet again, where that particular info is not detailed. ( thanks RodXJ, for your recent experiences )
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=51796

Not being a mechanic by trade....I understand my abilities and mechanical aptitude are limited to what facts and information I can get prior to attempting any vehicle work. Further, I am the sort of person who wishes to know whether a repair is worth doing and what steps can be taken to prolong the life of the repair or ........should a whole replacement be done for long term benefit. e.g. the extractor thread...and the NSS thread.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...&highlight=nss
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...&highlight=nss

The only reason I am undertaking half of the jobs I'm now doing, the sort I used to pay others to do, is because of Go Jeeps informative reference site and the relatively easy to follow basics that are detailed there.

One thing I wont do however, is blindly follow the instructions of a self appointed Jeep expert, without getting all the information I require to be comfortable, to undertake a repair task or appoint a repairer I can trust to do the work properly the first time.

So Go Jeep.......please be aware that if I have any questions in regard to topics you have on your site - I will have read everything I can find on your site and may be looking for extra details for my peace of mind and quite possibly, other XJ owners yet to undertake the same tasks.

A good teacher discusses things with their students - not just slam a textbook on the desk in front of them and tell them to read it.

Gee dude
you probably won't have to worry about getting the right info now
you just won't get any at all
way to go
Old 21-06-2008
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know what carves is trying to say, He would rather get an real response to his answer from anybody not just a link to go jeeps site in every thread wether it provides the answer or not.

He said he appreciates go jeeps help but constant links arent really helpful if they dont answer the question.
Old 21-06-2008
..mi vida loca..

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

easy guys - carves was just double checking..

i am the 90% on here - till i get a garage!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
simsy i have been busy at work, you should try it some day
Old 22-06-2008
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
Whatever way you spin it you want more help from Gojeep rather than him posting a link to his site, maybe he has nothing else to help you and all the detail he has is on his site, maybe he cant be arsed and is watching telly. Maybe it would be better for you if he posted nothing in your threads like 90% of the registered users on here.

What more help could I want or expect from Go Jeep. He's already posted his knowledge on his own internet site for general access. Unless he chooses to post new info on AJOR, I would presume that at his convenience, he will update his site making any new info available then.

Quote:
If you posted up an answer to a question and it didn't have everything I needed, or a link to a site and I still couldn't work it out, sure I'd ask for clarification but I wouldn't start a thread saying you posting a link just isn't good enough stating, to quote you exactly,

Its the constant posting of a private internet site address in response to posts asking for different or updated, current information or experiences which has prompted this thread - Particularly when I have made it known on several occasions in the past, that I have been referencing Go Jeeps site. Its enough to make you think that the posting of the site link is more important than the posts questions or content

Whatever way I spin it.......??????

I provide links and you misquote them. Then you quote me but precede it with a misleading statement.

Quote:
And like Toyrox says, in this example a 2" welch plug is a 2" welch plug, as stated on Gojeeps site.

I presume that this means you and TOYROX both, have the hands on experience of Go Jeep and RodXJ in regard to XJ welch plug repairs and future readers of this thread can rest assured that 2" is the only choice to buy, as now verified, by four of the 10% ( your estimate ) of info posting, forum members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXX View Post
Srry I forgot this was a FREE public domain site. Silly me thought all the advice and info I have gained I payed for and had a right to complain about anything I got.

Srry about that.

I've read your response, I've read your signature....I hope this quote from my post helps in regard to your confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvesdodo View Post
[B]If you read my posts, they dont say....Help - my extractors are cracked, what do I do..... they are a request for additional information from past to present....This then allows me " to do some work myself " so as to formulate the best and most cost effective repair I can. The results of my experience, costs, alternative parts etc. will then go in the AJOR info bag along with everbody elses for the next person to piece together and use to their benefit.

Last edited by carvesdodo; 22-06-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply