MacOSX - prooof of existence on Intel! - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Gaming & Technology
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-08-2005
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeez you guys are being harsh

I have been in the game since 1980 at IBM and have keenly watched all major desktop operating systems grow up. They are all different, they all have a different user base and they are all better at one thing or another over some other system.

I employ the best artists I can for our advertising content generation - and the Mac applications beat the equivalent Windows apps hands down. No question that Mac graphics apps are just so much more refined - and unless you were a trained graphics professional - you wouldn't properly understand. (By the way - MacOSX has made use of 3-button mice since inception. The single button mouse has no place at my office - I've always hated them)

I use XP on my office machines.... but I use OpenOffice and not MS Office. Windows does give us some semblance of office compatability with our clients and accountants.

I use Linux and Sun Solaris for our server base. Anything to do with communications and networking just runs more stably and securely under Unix/Linux - I won't trust Windows to run anything in our network-related roles.

So there you are. If you try to hold one of these systems up over the others - across the board - I don't think that you are doing yourself a favour.
http://www.omaroo.net
Old 15-09-2005
16:9 Vision

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossflow
Can't believe someone even spent 12 minutes trying to get that hack going let alone 12 hours.

Dumb arse operating system no wonder it only has 2% of the market share world wide.

Mind you we got our first MAC in the office few Months back, havn't plugged it in yet, only got it so we could look like a mainstream creative agency.
Yeah we run 10 PC in our biz plus 2 lappy pcs..We use them for "hacks' running the business software..I could use any of those,tried them..Hopeless! But fine for just sales/invoicing/ledger/stock read exy stuff.. I have Mac G-5 dual always running latest OS X ( it updates auto) running Photoshop GS,Final Cut Pro plus the magic free iMovie,iPhoto,iDVD etc..Also run a iBook,Mac G-3 and this is typed on a iMac I got on online auction $350 inc freight...My experience of those who rubbish other people's gear/systems is,there often is an air of jealously and/or an inferiorty complex involved..The "bad mouthing" is the first sign of these conditions.
Old 15-09-2005
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyOne
My experience of those who rubbish other people's gear/systems is,there often is an air of jealously and/or an inferiorty complex involved..The "bad mouthing" is the first sign of these conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyOne
Yeah we run 10 PC in our biz plus 2 lappy pcs..We use them for "hacks' running the business software..I could use any of those,tried them..Hopeless!
So are you jealous or just suffering from an inferiority complex then

How about a PEARL NECKLACE TASAR...MMMMMMM
Old 15-09-2005
16:9 Vision

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

))))))))))
Old 15-09-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossflow
So are you jealous or just suffering from an inferiority complex then
We use mac because that is what we like best.

And it is sad that it has taken Apple that long to give us a mouse with more than one botton. Even that it was Apple that introduced the mouse to the personal computer.
Old 15-09-2005
The Chook Whisperer

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix
it is sad that it has taken Apple that long to give us a mouse with more than one botton. Even that it was Apple that introduced the mouse to the personal computer.
Anyone used the new Apple mouse yet?
Old 15-09-2005

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes and it is not bad. Bit weird to start of with as it still looks like the old one except for the new funky wheel.
Post New Thread  Reply