New Member - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Sticky's - New members please stop by
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-10-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey There Patriot,

I am in Wembley. I notice you have the TX3400, where have you hidden the main unit, and where did you put the remote head. I have one of these that I kept from the pootrol, haven't got the jeep yet but not quite sure where to mount them. Also, what do you think of the coopers, I will be fitting a set as soon as the boots fitted have worn down a bit.

Matty
Old 20-10-2008
Sideways Slammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Hi there,

With your radio. If I am correct and all the KJ models are the same regardless of what year, under the steering wheel is an access panel held with 2 x screws. Remove the panel and the main head unit goes into there. ARB have the brackets or you can make it yourself I suppose. Then the face part of the radio goes into the gap that is under your radio.
The mic can be placed with its bracket behind the indicator stick panel.

The Cooper ATR's, well I suppose it all depends on what your going to do with your new girl.

Our Patriot has got the Cooper ATR's and I have had them on our 05 KJ model also. Great in the sand, great in the wet. On gravel roads they were a bugger as all the small pebbles got stuck in the grooves. Not a big hassle I know but took about 20 min to clean the stuff of.
On the road I find them nice a quiet and wear and tear seems to be good. 10,000km with these new ones and they are looking like new.

I think for next rubber for our new KJ we are going to stick with Cooper but go for the STT's as the KJ will only do about 50-60km's per week and is mostly for our weekend playing etc... as my wife only works about 2k's away from home so the wear on the muddies should be good I hope.
Old 20-10-2008
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsy85 View Post
Hey mate,

Welcome to the site, you'll find a wealth of knowledge on here from some experienced old Jeep owners and some brand new Jeep owners, which in turn will give you the full spectrum of the Jeeping world.

As a former Pootrol owner, turn Jeeper, I know the feeling... but I guess its a bit like fat chicks, once you go fat you never go back hahahaha

Remember:

1. Most of us are here to have fun, take the Pi$$ out of each other
2. Most of us are here cos we love our Jeeps
3. Don't take anything we say seriously or to heart!
4. you'll probably get addicted to this site (if you do, do the right thing and donate! lol)

Enjoy your jeeping mate and welcome to the Club

pls explain the fat chicks simsy???
Old 20-10-2008
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee man View Post
Hey guys,

Have just got myself an 03 KJ Limited Cherokee. This is my first jeep and I pick it up Tuesday. After three patrols, a suzuki, discovery and a landcruiser I can't wait to get it dirty. Great to read all your comments and information and look forward to picking your brains some more in the next few months. I'm already making the list of "essential" items to add.

Gee man
well after owning all those you it will take you a while to get used to the fact you have to spend more time fixing your broken truck then driving it...
Old 18-01-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally got around to putting a pic up, after having the KJ for three months. My own plates are now on, and the roof rack should be here by next week, hopefully!! Then the UHF radio goes in. Trying to find a good nudge bar so I can fit the spots. I have always fitted steel bullbars to my 4wd and never dented one no matter how big the roos got. But with this model I haven't found one that doesn't look dog ugly because of the one piece flares coming all the way down to the bumper. Looks like a grey powder coated baby from ECN is the go. thats the next one to be ordered. Then to sort out the lift kit, any suggestions guys??

Have to admit I am loving this jeep. First time I have owned one and it is great fun. Was a bit unsure how the family of four was going to fit but we have done a couple of trips down south and loaded up to go to rottnest ferry(two adults, two littlies, three bikes, four full size suitcases, fishing rod tube and a plastic case). No room in a Jeep Cherokee - absolute rubbish.
Hitting lancelin next weekend for its first run on the sand, should be fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mattys Jeep.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	30706  
Old 19-03-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well the roof rack and nudge bar have gone on, very happy with them, especially the price I got them at. Now if I can just get some of those steel roof bars to give it a bit more strength up there.
Next job is to finish putting the UHF in, halfway there.
GME TX3400 UHF
Post New Thread  Reply