jk turbo may have broken - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-03-2011
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if you are convinced it is air escaping check the hose clamps on the turbo hoses, and then check for an air leak where the turbo hose from the turbo to the intercooler runs over the top of the metal power steering line . it comes up in a big kink almost directly level with the turbo and sometimes they rub together. then check on the hose from the intercooler to the manifold. where it runs past the big fuse box on some models there is a big pair of fuses zip tied to the side ofthe box that presses against the turbo hose and creates a wear point. if you get someone to rev the engine whilr you have your head under the bonnet it should be pretty obvious if you can hear it from inside the cabin of the car.
Old 13-03-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

there may be a spray or oil drip in the area of a hose leak as oil from the engine breather is contantly passing through the turbo hoses. i doubt very much the turbo has stopped working. that would be a one in a million fault.
Old 13-03-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

if no luck there look for for error code created by the engine checklight. is the vehicled still working o.k. now or is it still running with no power.
Old 13-03-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

found this on jeepforum, Definitely sounds like an intercooler hose split or popped off. Look for the 2 to 3 inch diameter black hoses, one on each side of the engine bay. Feel them for splits. If they are soaked with oil you'll need While driving today an issue came up on my liberty. It seems that the turbo is not working. I have no HP power. The car starts and drives fine till I get to 2,000 rpms. After I accelarate past 2,000 rmps I ear a loud "wind" like noise, like the turbo is blowing air some where. Upon opening the hood, the only strange thing I see is a little black box, on the passenger side buzzing. This black box had VAC written on top with two small black hoses that plug into it. I unpluged them to see what was going on. One sucks air and the otherblows air out. After I put them back in, I noticed my engine check light came on.new ones.
Old 13-03-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the engine check light was caused because you unplugged the lines.
Old 14-03-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

having a steel tube made up on thursday for the inlet to manifold so this wont happen again plus the "$380 price tag to go with the rubber tube"
Old 14-03-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

where was the leak?
Post New Thread  Reply