Were to get CHEAP add a leave and coils? XJ - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2006
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks guys, the money i save does feed the alcoholic jeep i drive haha. i was going to go for a 2" or so lift but i was more along the lines of 100-200 to spend. i do have a 1/2" thick chopping board which i bought a while ago to do the lift on the front but didnt know what to do on the rear. i have 2" OME shockies on the car atm so ide prefer to go with a coil and leaf pack over a complete kit.. does anyone know of another car which is easy to find in a recors and will fit the same leaves af the jeep runs?

thanks
Old 04-08-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay, guys with more experience help me out here, but wouldn't the cheapest option to raise the rear be by adding lifting blocks and longer u bolts?

PS happy birthday...
Old 04-08-2006
A.K.A Rentagheyde :-)

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

have a look at a leaf spring manufacture in sa or melb i went pedders on the kj but they may be exxy on leif springs etc also have a look on the wanted or 4 sale part of here theres allways bargins either that to put un a you want 2" lift kit suit xj etc and some 1 may have gone up to 4" and has the old one there hope that helps

happy b'day too
Old 04-08-2006
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i asked the same thing a while ago too. i bought 2.5" blocks and was gonna do the rear but what happens is with larger tyres and to much power the diff rotates or twists the leaf springs and stuff them up.. the extra twist or "Axle Wrap" causes more drivetrain problems.
Old 04-08-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzaXJ96
Happy birthday. Im 40 this sunday wanna swap??? I got 2" Ironman springs & shocks as I was on a tight budget too ($950 full kit). The springs gave a serious lift and Im very pleased but the shocks are a bit stiff for my liking. Will get ranchos in two stages (front then back) when time & money permits.
CAUTION

you will find its the leafs that are stiff, not the shocks (in the case of teh rear anyway) i never used my rear shocks from the kit but got some LT OME's and its still very stiff (wont flex enough to hit extended bump stops)
Old 08-08-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you could also look for longer shackles for the rear, remembering that for every inch longer you get half an inch extra height. i got Teraflex shackles, 3 inches longer and got 1.5 inches of lift. bonus is they are an easy 1-1.5 hour install and as long as you are starting from a stock height you shouldnt have to change to longer shocks

Ewen
Old 08-08-2006
RealJeepsdon'thavedoors

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

if your really counting your dollars you could just get some falcon leaf springs, I paid 50 bucks at a wrecker for a pair but you may even get some free if your lucky, the falcon springs are similar in dimensions but have much more arch, on mine I kept the the jeep main spring and second spring but then replased the remaining two jeep leafs with three falcon leafs which gave me about a 2inch lift.
most people dont recommend blocks and shackle lifts change pinion angle
Post New Thread  Reply