XJ Suspension - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-08-2002
LokRinger

Liked 1,769 Times in 560 Posts
Default XJ Suspension

Are you talking about the ARB modified one?
It just comes off with the towbar as one unit as it is fully welded to it. Only took a few minutes to fit.
Old 29-08-2002
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default XJ Suspension

JJ, the short answer is yes, we see many XJ's sagging, so do the dealers. the rancho add-a-leaves we sold to go-gojeep a few years ago are not the exact ones rancho specify for the XJ either, the ones they say to use make for an ugly curve in the rear rear spring just before the eye. dont use them.

we set up heaps of sagged cheros that are down an inch or two down to an inch or two up and when loaded they ride flat, its too simple realy.

there $140 a set here and easy to install your self.

its the quick easy fix for a sagged XJ or anything leaf sprung jigger for that matter.

we did a guys XJ from the MJOC with a sagged ARB kit, added a 3/4 tera front packer & a set of our add'a's and wham! a 3" XJ kit was born!

the great thing with them is there tapered towards the end like a fishing rod, so the spring rate is progressive, no sherman tank ride like some places make for by adding a full main leaf.

fix it your self for f.a!
Old 29-08-2002
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,178 Times in 711 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default XJ Suspension

could you go longer shackles tw?
Old 03-09-2002
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default XJ Suspension

you could but they have other detremental effects on the vehicles handeling. i prefer not to use them over the spring lift. but if there aint nothing to do left and you want that little extra i guess there ok, you need to caster wedge the axle too usually if you do shackles.

the tera shackles add 1.5" and a set of revolvers about half that but they will drop away further.
Old 03-09-2002
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,178 Times in 711 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default XJ Suspension

i measured my lift after 12 mths of punishment, from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the flare is measuring 520mm in the rear and 530mm in the front. thats about a 20mm drop from install. i think initial install would have only been close to 4" of lift but it seems to be down on that a little now, the rear leaves are the main issue. i guess i will speak to you about it in a few weeks when i sees ya!
are revolvers illegal in australia? i have heard that if i allow the back to drop any further that i will drop the drive shaft out. and yes i already have wedges in there with a shit load of leaves, 8 in all, ouch!!

[ 18 September 2002, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: JimmyB ]
Old 05-09-2002
LokRinger

Liked 1,769 Times in 560 Posts
Default XJ Suspension

10 leaves and still sag. :eek:
It must ride hard too. I only have 5 leaves and rides quite well. If you come down this way I would be happy to show you what it rides like. I am putting another suspension system together next week for someone elses XJ and got great prices too and far cheaper than what I have paid before. :rolleyes:
I will let you know what I have used and costs and part numbers so you can do your own Jimmy. Thats what this forum is so great for so keep up the good work. ;)
Old 05-09-2002
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default XJ Suspension

Hi,

I would love to hear what you have done too Marcus. I am reasonably happy at the moment but as always looking for the next upgrade and would like some lift. Hoping to do it on the cheap this time.
Post New Thread  Reply