'06 CRD Transmission in Limp Home Mode - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2014
Established Member

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

Thanks to all for the responses.

The dealer called back this morning and advised that the issue was the battery and this has been replaced. Perhaps this was caused by the car sitting at the dealership for a while?

From research I have seen that dead or low batteries can cause issues, but I have asked him to tell me exactly what codes were thrown, and he is confirming this with the workshop.

It is the Noosa Jeep Dealership so I would assume that they had their Jeep technicians work on it. Will also confirm exactly what the warranty covers.
Old 09-04-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,969 Times in 2,342 Posts

The battery can be the biggest cause of many problems and it could be the case here also, it wouldn't surprise me at all, get a good rundown on his warranty and if it feels good go for it.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 09-04-2014
Established Member

Cheers, I've emailed the dealer with these issues, asked him what the codes were, and also asked him to confirm that low range can be engaged. I test drove another Commander in Brisbane and the 'Service 4WD System' message came up when I tried to put it into low range. Unfortunately the RACQ inspector couldn't find a suitable patch of gravel or grass to test this in Noosa.

I've also asked for a copy of the warranty and what it covers.
Old 09-04-2014
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

It's a shame the RACQ dude couldn't have found a patch of sand somewhere around Noosa to test it out Seriously though he couldn't have tried too hard and he could test the low range on bitumen in a straight line.

If the cause was the battery (quite feasible) then the codes won't mean much but I would be keeping a record of them in case an issue with that code comes up in the future just in case you need a come back on them.
Old 10-04-2014
Established Member

Thanks again to all for the responses (I got none over in the Commander forum).

The dealer has thrown in a platinum extended warranty that covers (among many other things) everything inside and outside the transmission. They're also replacing the swirl motor, but I plan to put a GDE tune into it and delete the swirl motor not long after I pick it up. Their Jeep technician has given the car a clean bill of health also.
Old 10-04-2014
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Thumbs up

Congratulations Frank, sounds like you have got it covered.

Those Commander drivers are an ignorant mob
only joking guys, Commanders are
Probably the fact that you double posted in two sections.

I sometimes think the Commander & WH section should be merged as they have a lot in common & since owning my grand I have picked up a lot of good advice from Commander owners.

P/S

You know the Wrangler guys will never forgive you, welcome to the dark side
Old 10-04-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,969 Times in 2,342 Posts

Sounds like all bases covered frank, good idea with the swirl motor delete, enjoy.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply