Top Mods for WH GC - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-10-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Yep James, my LRA tank will replace the factory all together, factory tank going in the bin to give room for a 4link long arm triangulated setup for the rear axle. Thats not normal though!
Old 21-10-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 130 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpacer View Post
Yep James, my LRA tank will replace the factory all together, factory tank going in the bin to give room for a 4link long arm triangulated setup for the rear axle. Thats not normal though!
Very cool!

Oops forgot a rough price for my picks...

Belly guard - Probably allow $400-$500 + installation.

Aux tank - ~$1200 + installation I think.

Oh and I totally forgot - Sliders aka some king of sill protection.
The 4x ones fit so well that I forget they're not OEM sometimes.
~$1000-$2000 I guess?
Although DIY is an option. Briteway has made a couple for much less Im sure.
Old 21-10-2013
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLaugesen View Post
Any photos of the rack fitted?

The tank is additional, gives around ~185L useable.
It literally sits up inside the subframe, no drop at all.
Some photos of the install here.

PS; I think Dave is planning to use one as a replacement with the original tank removed to make room for long arms(?), if that's what you're thinking?
Good stuff James, I'll be installing that prolly next year when funds allow. Got to put some meats on for now. I've stuffed up mate, mine's an oldie.. a WJ , sorry for the oversight. I do have some photos but not applicable to WH mods I guess. The photo showing the rack with dual 20L Jerry Can carrier, Kayak carrier, rear LED, Bowed down 50" LEDs for the Yak. Other accessories are second yak mounts, more tie down points, Hi Lift mount, Shovel Mount, 2x Gas bottle mounts, Tyre carrier, 70L Flat Water tank with hose and tap, roof tent. Changing the config as required.

Quote:
Yours looks the awesomemost Dave. Better than the o/seas photos. Would you have to get yours engineered with the LA's? What will your total lift be?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	64962  
Old 21-10-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

Thanks AV8, will have to be engineered, but total lift will come down from where it is now. There will be much more requiring engineering than the rear arms though, and that could be fun
Old 21-10-2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Depends on how far you want to go, and what your intended use is.

Lift, skids, tyres all available local.

Good Bars, tyre carriers, sliders, interior fitouts, battery systems are all custom (nothing bolt in off the shelf).

Check out Briteway, clarky, JamesLaugesen, wilsonjeep, roscoe26 - they all have differently modded WH's in here.
I like the before and after pic! What rims/tyres are you running on yours?
Old 21-10-2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did any of you guys have that Navus system installed? I want to remove mine but dont know what to put in its pace. Was thinking some kind of dash tray or something along those lines.

My main uses are daily driver and tow vehicle for my boat so the lift/suspension upgrade that Clarky mentioned sounds worthwhile! Rim+Tyre upgrade might be nice.

Being in Adelaide guessing the Stu Lift kit would not really be an option...

Probably wont do any wheeling, and any offroading I would be doing would more than likely be on a beach possibly with the purpose of beach launching my boat
Old 22-10-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
Did any of you guys have that Navus system installed? I want to remove mine but dont know what to put in its pace. Was thinking some kind of dash tray or something along those lines.

My main uses are daily driver and tow vehicle for my boat so the lift/suspension upgrade that Clarky mentioned sounds worthwhile! Rim+Tyre upgrade might be nice.

Being in Adelaide guessing the Stu Lift kit would not really be an option...

Probably wont do any wheeling, and any offroading I would be doing would more than likely be on a beach possibly with the purpose of beach launching my boat
Hi Beast, I removed my Navus system and installed a Pioneer double din set up. To fill the holes in the top of the dash, I bought a dash mat from Autobahn.

Highly recommend Stu's suspension lift. Living in Adelaide wont be a problem. I live on the Mornington Peninsula Vic. Had Stu post down the kit and my mechanic install it. Same goes for the exhaust, bash plate, Eco tune etc.

I got the rim & tyre upgrade to give me a bit more lift and wider tyre, mainly for off road.....plus it looks shitloads better

Good luck with the build.

Cheers, Craig
Post New Thread  Reply