Solid panhard bushes failed :( - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-12-2010
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktom View Post
I think the Panhard in the Jeep is a to important part to experiment.
completely agree
Old 19-12-2010
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Hahaha never thought it was rocket science!! Its a bush I posted pics of crap bushes, you can see they are crap. If it's a good quality bush, is the correct dimentions then it will be fine.
Tom, no offense but to get 5000 km out of stock (best) with no off road, then you have other issues.
The op just needs to ditch the crap Solid bushes as posted by MANY on this forum and fit good ones! Where is the experimenting in that.... It's not myth busters, it's just mechanics!
But hey it's your money feel free to waste it is you enjoy that!
Old 19-12-2010
Just Real Jeeps Club

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidchris View Post
So the yellow bushes that came on my solid front panhard have heaps of slop now causing death wobbles. What bushes can I replace them with and were do I get them???
Get onto Danny at Solid, he has a new modified bush & crush sleeve, Ive had the new ones in for about 3 weeks now, made a huge difference over the original bushes, hopefully they will last longer, got 6 months out of the 1st set with lots of wheeling

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com
Old 19-12-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have gone through the solid rubber bushes and also the new ones pictured, the ones in the picture lasted 2 runs off road and no more than 1000km's on road. They are elongated, crimped and starting to chew. Used the correct polyuerethane grease as well.

I had a spare set of bushes from my EFS stuff so it was good.

JTO
Old 19-12-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetiboy01 View Post
Get onto Danny at Solid,
depends if you got a spare year up your sleeve
Old 20-12-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Panhard Washers

Hi Macca - The dimensions are not always that important, I think its more the durometer or something like that. My point was - "What is a good one" Everyone has thought they had good ones, but almost all have failed, the Rockcrawler, CAL offroad, SOLID, they have used red urethane, yellow urethane, Prado bushes, landcruiser bushes, and Nissan bushes. I think it is better offgoing with something tried and tested, like OE, or PP. They had similar issues in the US, but have mostly gone back to OE (JKS and teraflex) or PP style. not trying to start an argument here, i would just recomend something tried and tested. I have had many DW related issues. The theory that 99% of DW issues is a load of rubbish, but I think the trackbar is far to important to try a different bush with.
PS. I have got other issues - some serious issues that no one can find. I am not 100% sure that my OE bushes are flogged, you can see where the rubber is coming away from the outer sleeve and the crush tube. Does this mean they are stuffed - Apparently but I am not convinced. I have tried 3 different Panhards in the last two weeks so probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca2801 View Post
Hahaha never thought it was rocket science!! Its a bush I posted pics of crap bushes, you can see they are crap. If it's a good quality bush, is the correct dimentions then it will be fine.
Tom, no offense but to get 5000 km out of stock (best) with no off road, then you have other issues.
The op just needs to ditch the crap Solid bushes as posted by MANY on this forum and fit good ones! Where is the experimenting in that.... It's not myth busters, it's just mechanics!
But hey it's your money feel free to waste it is you enjoy that!
Old 20-12-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So does anyone know what size ect the solid ones are?? I'd like to pick up some new ones from the bearing place across the rd from work