Tyre size on 5.2" backspace? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts

Went with the mickey atz 305/65/17 and looks like this has worked, at least on road, should sneak a bit off offroad in this weekend to see how they go. They definitely exceed the fenders in some spots, not a huge amount but noticeable from certain angles, I'll see if our mates in blue raise any concerns and can run those spacers if need be.
Old 07-06-2016
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

It sounds alot like how mine was. It was really noticable hanging outside the guards at the front however the rear at most angles looked like they were just level. As mine's not a daily driver I wasn't too worried about leaving it like that until I sorted out what I was going to do with extensions.

My TJ was even worse and I drove like that for ages. One night I got pulled over for a random breath test. The copper testing me wasn't too concerned but his mate made a real song and dance about it and kept going on about how they were outside the guards. I just told the first guy that I hadn't had the car for that long and it was like that when I bought it.

I also him that I had a set of wider guards already on the way from the States and he let me go.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 14-06-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 38 Posts

Got out to national park over the weekend for a bit of a spin, nothing too tricky, tackled a mud hill and a bunch of holes, the rubber gobbled it all up and no signs of clearance issues with the tyres to vehicle. Once I get back to my usual spot should have a better idea of the actual difference offroad.

On the road the whole thing feels significantly more planted, noise not really much louder than the stockies but different, has a bit of a pitch to it. Really liking the stability right now but I reckon with a decent 2" lift the whole thing will still travel pretty nicely and give me the clearance to disconnect.

A little power has been sapped but only really notice it in the green, will labor up hills at slightly higher RPMs than before, find myself knocking back to 3rd on some ascents I used to get away with in 4th. Off the line and in higher RPMs feels no different to me. Fuel econ is showing 15.7L right now, should be around town for a tank or 2 though so I'll reset and see how we go.
Old 15-06-2016
AJOR Bronze

I noticed with my muddies that they didn't get noisey until I was doing 80kph+.

Once I extended the guards and the side biters weren't out in the breeze the noise died down considerably. I don't even notice it anymore and I've done some big trips on them.

Old 14-08-2016
Established Member

Liked 128 Times in 78 Posts

Will these spacers work with rugged ridge hurricane flares (Or be made to work)?
I'm running 37x13.5 on a 17x9 with -12 offset (in order so as to not scrub on my rear King bump stops when articulated).
Old 14-08-2016
AJOR Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattooedtank View Post
Will these spacers work with rugged ridge hurricane flares (Or be made to work)?
I'm running 37x13.5 on a 17x9 with -12 offset (in order so as to not scrub on my rear King bump stops when articulated).
I just replied to your PM and sent a link to some pics of the underside of the spacers when I was fitting them.

They use the same mounting holes (from memory I had to add 2 extra holes with nutserts at the rear) so they follow the contours of the original mounts. I asked Uneek ages ago if they would fit aftermarket flares and they said they would.

Post New Thread  Reply