mud tyres - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-07-2012
TerraFlexer

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by minmark View Post
You will find that yuo wil get a bucket load of more milage out of the Bighorns than the Federals. Especially with muddies you need lots of rubber for them to work well. Feds won't be very good after 30k.
No good after 30k,that,s a load of shit,mine still have 50% tread or more and still perform perfectly offroad.Several members of the Jeep community run these after seeing mine perform and are completely happy.
Old 24-07-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know ur not asking for mickey thompson but i cant resist
I have mtz baja 31's in 20 k 75% on road i have only used about 2 mm of tread. Rekon ill get 75-80k or more.
Much better wet bitumen traction than standard wranglers
Obviously much better off road too
They are not cheap but i will definately buy again
Old 25-07-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I used Hercules Traildiggers, on my KJ and loved em. Incredible in the mud, very well behaved on road. I'm about 40ks out of Darwin, so most of my driving is at highway speed and I never had any problems, even during 6 months of wet season.(lots of very wet roads). I put about 20 k on them and they were showing very little wear. They do have a nice hum, but I like that about muddies.
Im now running Bighorns, on my ZG, (they were on it when I bought it), Havent been in in the mud yet, but they seem pretty good on road, quieter than the Traildiggers, and I dont know about wear yet.
Old 25-07-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 275 Times in 139 Posts

Can't comment on those tyres, but I got BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2 30x9.5 R15s for $250 each from Tempe Tyres. Really happy with them off road, a little noisy on road compared to ATs (but hey, they're muddies) and I know of people with the KMs who have done 80,000Km on them and still have tread.

Tempe Tyres ship for only $70 aus wide from memory.
Old 31-07-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ended up getting some 31x10.5x15 MT baja TTC claws. spent that little extra for something thats gonna last. havent had a real chance to drive on them yet as need to get my rear diff sorted
Post New Thread  Reply