fuel pump questions - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-03-2008
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Mine is a 2007 (Nov 2006 build) and I've done 28,500 so far without a problem.

The dat above is from the 2006 manual. The 2007 parts fiche is slightly less clear, as it specified that the fuel tank module for the 3.7 (68011583AA) has both a pump and a level sender, whilst there is no comparable information about the module for the 2.8 (05140832AB). However I don't think the 2007 KJ CRD has a pump in the tank, and if you have problems with your engine shuddering I'd be looking elsewhere for the solution - after all, you're still covered by warranty.
Old 13-03-2008
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

I seem to recall a thread or two that talked about CRD shutter (in higher kilometre models) and it being due to fuel contamination problems (like water in the filter element). As Pipeliner said, its under warranty let the dealer service centre sort it out. Let us know what they say.
Old 13-03-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Those lift pumps are only "necessary" for US models with a bad filter head assembly which gives air in the fuel system. Euro and ( I suppose also) Australian jeeps don't need a lift pump because the fuel system is ok.

That shutter is caused by a clogged MAP sensor, clean it first, then come back.
Old 14-03-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All read and understood, thanks to you all.
Old 17-03-2008
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default CRD Lag

Hi all, New to AJOR, and find the threads fascinating reading. I have a new KJ CRD and have experienced what appears to be turbo lag but I believe it's more a lag due to the fly by wire system requesting the computer to open the throttle. This can be rather un-nerving when half way through a round about with virtually no pick up and then all of a sudden pinning my ears back. I have checked this with my Jeep dealer and was told that all was within the allowable specs and that no adjustments could be made to overcome this problem. I love my new KJ and have learnt to drive a little differently by hopping on the throttle a little earlier to help overcome the lag. Has any other KJ CRD owner experienced the same thing, or anyone out there that may be able to shed some light on this subject.

Cheers,
Funkshun
Old 17-03-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Turbo lag

Hi Funkshun,

How many ks have you done?

Im at 15500, still gets a little of the sudden explosion of energy from the KJ but after new it settled a down a bit, loosened up and probably some adaptive learning in the computers.

I have just put on a better flowing muffler and this helps.

There probably a few things that are covered in areas on AJOR that you should consider to improve your KJ.

I am not sure and perhaps someone else could offer some info in this, I tend to get the feeling that an air flow valve on the input sort of opens then suddenly really opens to let the full boost through at times, the AFV im speaking of is in the EGR, im not sure but thats the though I have at the moment.

Dont forget there is lots of very useful information in other areas on AJOR.
Old 17-03-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Loss in throttle response could be a clogged MAP sensor too?