Australian Dealer Info on the 2011 JK - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I'm not sure if NZ is different than across the ditch, but the Rubicon here has standard the 7 speaker stereo.

It's a shame Jeep have stopped the off road option.

It looks like heated seats will have to added as an Mopar after market option.

I'm waiting for the 2012 which hopefully will be here in November this year. The 2011 are late due to the late start in manufacturing.

Last edited by Kiwi; 07-01-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-01-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

So what happens with this 'New Stop-Start technology' on the 2.8L CRD Turbo diesel manual transmissions when you want to winch & leave the motor running. It says the vehicle shuts off when stopped and shifter is in neutral and the clutch is released, restarts when clutch is depressed.

Do you have to have the clutch in to keep the motor running so you can winch?

Old 08-01-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockobob View Post
So what happens with this 'New Stop-Start technology' on the 2.8L CRD Turbo diesel manual transmissions when you want to winch & leave the motor running. It says the vehicle shuts off when stopped and shifter is in neutral and the clutch is released, restarts when clutch is depressed.

Do you have to have the clutch in to keep the motor running so you can winch?
You can switch the stop start off
Old 08-01-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Interesting to note from the brochure where Jeep believe the Wrangler is positioned in the market with the competitor ********ysis. Especially when people I have spoken to automatically put it into the same league as the Patrol and Cruiser. Where Jeep compare against the Kia Sorrento, Pajero, the now dead H3 and Hyundai Santa Fe.

I can't believe ********ysis (a-nalysis) get's hit by the swear nanny.

Last edited by JasperJ; 08-01-2011 at 06:43 AM. Reason: swear nanny
Old 08-01-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Got to like the 20% improvement in diesel consumption though, pity about the 20% smaller fuel tank though. Interestingly the 2011 grand V6 also uses the W5A580 box, whereas the Grand V8 uses the 545RFE. Apparently the Merc box (W5A580) is a fuel saver, has adaptable shift patterns and manual override (on the grand at least).

Last edited by ausjeeper; 08-01-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-01-2011
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: YJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damxr View Post
Hope they fixed the leaky roof probs.....would be very dissappointing if they havnt!!!
afraid not, my 2011 leaks on the driver side (passenger side to you), not enough to warrant a $100 deductible and dealer visit though.
Old 08-01-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

there is a very real possibility that official looking document is incorrect.

i have a 2009 brochure here which states clearly in more than 1 place the JK has a Dana 35 front differential and that the Petrol V6 has powerful performance.

Both are obviously wrong.
Post New Thread  Reply