WH Superchips Flashpaq Tuning - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is helpfull with regard to fuel and octane ratings in Australia
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/691...-octane-number
Old 04-03-2011
asp_777
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeyeroo View Post
An oil change and filters may help with the trans but the reason for torque convertor slip could be hard to find at home. a trans shop may end up being the only way, for me i have a friend who owns a trans shop and a service centre that like jeeps. By not having any probs with mine i would only be guessing.
Just another idea if you have an android or i phone you can get an app like Torque. with the purchase of a cheap ebay odb2 bluetooth module that plugs into the diagnostic port gaining access to all the engine sensors among many other things could help find a faulty sensor by its reading jumping around.i know i can see all my sensor readings and they are slowly updating pid's so soon more jeep ones may be available at the moment they dont seem to go into the trans computer much, we used it to try find out why a voyager was stuck in limp mode.
Just another thought changing tyre size will change how the trip computer sees your litres per 100km. i'm still fuzzy in the area of tyre size changes.
Internet time soon for some research haha
what's this Torque app you mention? I can not find it?
Thanks
Old 04-03-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an android htc. the app is torque by Ian Hawkins. i dont know about i phone apps i dont think this one is compatable with iphone.
Old 04-03-2011
MudSplasher

Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Yeah, the app looks good. I run Android on my HTC too. Just gotta order one of those OBDII dongles. Can it run while you're driving?

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Old 04-03-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yep the app has progressed somewhat and has a good following(forum) but not alot of jeep users yet. you can set your fone to show gauges or digital readings on the screen as u drive. i can see all the engine management sensors.it does 1/4 runs and braking heaps of stuff really. My fone just updated the app so over the weekend i might plug it in to see what goes on, i havnt used it for a few months now after looking for why my jeep had a little surge and lockup dropout when cruising in top gear and under 110, i changed the trans program for lockup from the sc one to factory with the flashpaq and all is good. My open exhaust lets you hear every rpm change which is hard to get used too-- not the note though thats great.
Old 06-03-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by briteway View Post
No, no, no, you are being very helpful and I enjoy chatting with you. Just by exchanging conversation, I'm learning about a lot of things.

I'm about to do a change of EGR and PCV valves and the pre-cat O2 sensors this weekend and possibly a MAP sensor along with an engine oil change and filter.

Perhaps the following weekend, I'll change the IAT and the 2 post-cat O2 sensors. I'm also planning to install a catch can and possibly spark plugs. Then I'll see how things go from the fuel perspective.

Now, with the TC or transmission, should I flush them and replace the oil filters? And do you think some sort of a solenoid could be the culprit there?

EDIT: I wish I have the economy of your HEMI. Mine at the moment has increased to 25-26L/100km with normal (trying to be careful) driving.
I would suggest you login on to superchip's website and check you have the most up to date program and download if not. If you still have problems send them an email and see if they can check your unit and see if they have any updates they are working on to fix it.

Last edited by Roachy; 06-03-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 24-04-2011
MudSplasher

Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

I've updated my Flashpaq and the codes still come up:

P0700 - Transmission control system (MIL request)
P0740 - TCC out of range

I just came back from a 2700 km trip which also included 4WDriving on sand and have no probs with the transmission and can't tell any difference. The car still works good even in low range gears.

I even did some heli's and figure 8's on flat sand and no probs, just slight engine heat, the coolant level rose up above the full line about 1 inch.

I don't feel like taking my toy into the dealers to check it as I feel they'll just make up some BS and make me go down the endless road of finding the cause for the codes while ripping me off blind just like I had the issues with wrong engine oil.

Since I've been doing the maintenance myself, I just don't feel comfortable with them anymore touching anything on my vehicle.

I'll just flush the TC and transmission oils and replace those 2 filters inside and see how it goes after that.

My love with the HEMI is still growing stronger despite some small fuel consumption issues but I feel I'll get to the bottom of it.

Hey, BTW, would anyone like to post any tunes they did on their vehicle via Flashpaq, I mean in more detail. I feel it would be easier that way than trying each one, it's really time consuming.

Also, did anyone do any speed tests, like 0-60, 0-100, etc. or even distance tests like 1/4 mile, etc. Let's share

EDIT: Is there a way to know how much HP the flashpaq adds to the vehicle for each tune without taking it in for a dyno?

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x

Last edited by briteway; 24-04-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply