Buyin a new jk hopefuly 2012 mod - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2012
searcher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyffy View Post
what do you mean with no factory bonus when will the specs be avalibul on the website
When the new models are out the factory gives dealers money to apply to the old model bringing the price down.
A 2011 unlimited auto is selling for 41999 while a 2012 will be 46 for the same thing.
Old 06-01-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 37 Times in 28 Posts

We started out wanting a 2 door Rubicon but also wanted diesel, with all the stuff we wanted to take with us camping it just wasn't enough space so went with the 4 door sport and had the Mopar packs fitted by the dealership to avoid any hassles with warranty. If you travel light the 2 door will do and is more capable in the really rough stuff, oh and the Rubicon is worth the extra.
Old 07-01-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyffy View Post
Hi all i am new to the jeep world and am interested in purchasing the new 2012 jk wrangler in the 2 door form.
just wondering if i buy the base model or get the rubicon are the extras reali worth it or do i bolt my own on

also i do a bit of camping and fishing would this car be suited for a bit of touring with only 2 of us. and do the back seats come out easily.

thanks for your time if there is anythink i need to no let me no

happy new year all
I've got a 2rd 2011 JK CRD Auto. Love it. The back seats come out quite easily. I often do it on my own but it is easier if the wife is available to help with the lifting.

Check out my jokes blog
Old 07-01-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

If you're getting the Sport and are thinking of putting on bigger tyres then look at getting the optional lower diff ratios (whether you can just order the ratio on it's own anymore for an extra hundred bones or so or if you now have to specify the heavy-duty tow pack to get it I'm not sure) as the Sports come from the factory with very tall diff gearing purely for fuel economy reasons. With the stock 32" tyres the petrols are approaching the limits of driveability (the 2012's with the new motor & 5-speed auto aren't as bad as the previous models with the old 3.8L) however if you want to lift it & go above 33s then you'd probably need a diff re-gear.

As far as I understand, the Rubis still come here with the lower 4.10 ratio diffs as stock (though there seemed to be some suggestion on the US forums that unless specifically ordered then some of the 2012 Rubis over there are coming stock with the 3.73s) and a lower crawl ratio in the transfer case so with a Rubi you should be right to go up a few tyre sizes without the expense of a re-gear.

The front & rear lockers & remote swaybay disconnects on the Rubi are nice to have however even a bone stock 2-door Sport is a pretty capable offroader & will outperform many lifted & locked vehicles of other makes offroad; all depends on what you'll be using it for & how extreme your offroading will be. Regardless of the model you choose they are a good vehicle for the price (many Jap 4X4 wagons with offroad capabilities any where near the Wrangler's are well over $70K these days) and what other 4X4s currently on the market let you take the top down, pull the doors off and even fold down the windscreen if you really want to?

Last edited by jklad; 07-01-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply