Any of us lost our licence? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You could of elected to the court that way they may of given you a longer suspension but you could of drove while working at least . Just remember if you drive while you haven't got it you may never get it back
Old 05-02-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbowl View Post
I lost it for speeding by the way, only 10 over, but double demerit weekend
i couldn't bvelieve no one had asked for the story, i was going to but that's allot more tame and annoying!!!

i had a mate who lost his licence for 7 years. speeding up a hill he got clocked doing 170, ina 50 zone...... (dumb dumb)

and he hated it, it was his own fault he was just angry cuz he didn't pass his army exam or something.. bla bla bla!!!!

any who - don't drive again untill you have your liences as pointed out, it gets ugly fast and no matter WHAT happens murphy's law STATES that the ONE time you do it is the ONE time you will get caught, this is the reason it blew out to 7 years for my mate,

he only had a 6 month suspension for being a first ever offence, and then he got caugth driving around 5 months or so, and bam 7 years...

so don't drive!!!

he got a push bike and did a paper route with his spare time and then did a whole lot of house work gardening and he tidy up and cleaned up his car, fixed everything on it that was shabby... but 7 years is a long time and allot of renovations he got completed on his house!!!
Old 05-02-2013
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ

I know how hard it is to lose your licence I was young and dumb once all up I have had mine suspended 6 times and cancelled once and I can't drive at the moment due to a surgery I had a few weeks ago
3 months will go pretty fast but if you quit your job you will find you won't be eligible for unemployment
To get a work licence you will have to apply to the courts and possibly have to front a judge
Best thing might be to speak to your employer and see if they can help ( they would need to give you a letter to take to court explaining that without a licence you will lose your job ) or maybe they can help with a change of duties
If a work licence is not an option then instead of quitting maybe see about a leave of absence till you can drive again

Sent from a rooftop using the Bat signal
Old 05-02-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts

Yer been there. 101 over on the bike. Back then it was 6 points, 3 months & $1502 fine. but that was 20 years ago.

These days as stated I wouldn't be driving. the new Highway patrol vehicle cameras are capable of scanning no. plates at a rate of over 100 plates per minute, & will red flag anyone that is unregistered or owner who is unlicensed.

I bought a $500 falcon about 12 months ago. 2 days later passed a Highway Patrol, on came the party lights, hand brake turn between cars & driving like a maniac to catch & pulled me over.

No problem, I was doing nothing wrong. However the previous owner had lost their licence & the car was red flagged.

Funny thing was he had the hide to abuse me for causing him to drive in a dangerous matter to catch me.
Old 05-02-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Lost mine for 3 months about 10 years ago. Stupidly I kept driving, every day. Didn't get caught thank god but I wouldn't do it again. I reckon the worry of getting caught took 10 years off my life
Old 05-02-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
Yer been there. 101 over on the bike. Back then it was 6 points, 3 months & $1502 fine. but that was 20 years ago.

These days as stated I wouldn't be driving. the new Highway patrol vehicle cameras are capable of scanning no. plates at a rate of over 100 plates per minute, & will red flag anyone that is unregistered or owner who is unlicensed.

I bought a $500 falcon about 12 months ago. 2 days later passed a Highway Patrol, on came the party lights, hand brake turn between cars & driving like a maniac to catch & pulled me over.

No problem, I was doing nothing wrong. However the previous owner had lost their licence & the car was red flagged.

Funny thing was he had the hide to abuse me for causing him to drive in a dangerous matter to catch me.
That is a funny story! glad it had a happy ending
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Old 05-02-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 86 Posts

I've lost my licence x5 times, 3months each time, and all for speeding. Most offences were only small, like 10-20kms over (I know that's still too much over but nothing like 100kmh in a 50km zone for example). I just love cars/vehicles and have always had fast-ish cars and also just enjoy driving. To help slow down I moved towards 4wd's, but even then I've had 2 v8 WJ's and they're not exactly slow...

The 3 month period seems like heaps at first but it really is just a short amount of time and will eventually fly by. I was able to call all sorts of favours from friends and colleagues to help get me around etc. Thank God that I was able to keep my job as the first few times of losing my licence I had to drive everyday to jobs etc, but they kept me on and worked around it for me.

I think you can do this in other states, but in WA once you've lost all your points you can elect to either lose your licence for 3m OR keep your licence but go on a 12m probation period of 'double or nothing' where if you get caught for a traffic offence within that 12m probation period you will instantly lose your licence for double the original sentence (i.e. for 6m in your case). I did that for my last loss of licence and touch wood I have now not had a driving offence for nearly 3 years since.

Are you able to choose that option in your state?
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121119
Post New Thread  Reply