Sway bar bolt hitting frame (help!) - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-02-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black thunder View Post
Shit just had a look at mine and guess what its hitting as well on the left side, I have arb relocation bracket from DBOR is yours the same
Yep, the ARB bracket. Does yours make noise when going over bumps? If its hitting when driving around town i'm worried about what will happen if i take it off-road... I was suppose to be going to Stockton this weekend.

Sending me broke
Old 26-02-2013
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler_Scott View Post
Yep, the ARB bracket. Does yours make noise when going over bumps? If its hitting when driving around town i'm worried about what will happen if i take it off-road... I was suppose to be going to Stockton this weekend.
It does knock off road and noticed it has scapped the bracket abit, never noticed till now

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 26-02-2013
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Looking at the location of the bolt and just went out the front to compare to mine (without the drop bracket).

It would seem the bracket is angled a lot more than I thought it was as yours has moved the swaybar a fair way back, causing the bolt to hit. Mine would be hitting as well as I moved the bar back that far too.

The bracket is angled, to match the angle of the chassis at that point to drop the bar straight down. It would seem the angle of the bracket mounting face is double the angle of the chassis.

First option I can see would be to trim the bolt?

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 26-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 26-02-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Looking at the location of the bolt and just went out the front to compare to mine (without the drop bracket).

It would seem the bracket is angled a lot more than I thought it was as yours has moved the swaybar a fair way back, causing the bolt to hit. Mine would be hitting as well as I moved the bar back that far too.

The bracket is angled, to match the angle of the chassis at that point to drop the bar straight down. It would seem the angle of the bracket mounting face is double the angle of the chassis.

First option I can see would be to trim the bolt?
I could cut the bolt but it seems odd that nobody has run into this problem before so i'm thinking the installer is the weak link (me). I could have installed the sway bar drop brackets backwards...? I couldn't really find any installation instructions for the brackets.

Sending me broke
Old 26-02-2013
MonsterMoose

Check out my Ride(s)

I thought about that (backwards) but that would have moved the swaybar forward and it would have hit the shocks.

I think it may be more a LHD/RHD oddity. The only difference is yours are left to right opposite of the picture on Quadratec, but the angle is still the same.

Over 5000 Club
Old 26-02-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
I thought about that (backwards) but that would have moved the swaybar forward and it would have hit the shocks.

I think it may be more a LHD/RHD oddity. The only difference is yours are left to right opposite of the picture on Quadratec, but the angle is still the same.
hmmm, i put them on that way so i didn't have to be under the car to do up the bolts, i was sick of being on my back. I can't really see how swapping them over would work but i'm getting desperate at this stage so i might have to give it shot.
I'll send the pics to Bill at DBOR and see what his thoughts are.

Sending me broke
Old 26-02-2013
MonsterMoose

Check out my Ride(s)

I cant see swapping it will make any difference to be honest, I think they move the bar that far back to make sure it clears the shocks with the distance they have to drop it to go past the exhaust, which means the bolt now hits our track bar bracket. Prob not a problem in the LHD model.

Over 5000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply