JK: Building of "Bundy" - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-07-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Fitted up a folding rear door table today. Should be very handy when camping.

Last edited by Bundy1; 26-07-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 23-07-2013
Established Member

Supa-RV awning (2 m wide x 3 m out) mounted to the Gobi rack.

I had to use these hydraulic mounts as there is no flat surface on the side of the Gobi rack.

Old 30-11-2013
Established Member

I'm a long way behind with this thread on the build up of Bundy.

I went to JeepKonection when my original AEV order failed, and they had an AEV Premium bullbar on my doorstep within days. No waiting around this time round.

The kit included a winch mounting plate for my Warn M8000 winch.

Albright winch solenoid from Smithi Engineering was fitted to the firewall to keep it high and dry.

Quick trip down to Mount Sassafras, Victorian High Country.

After this snow trip it was time to give Bundy a bit of a lift, so I took it to the boys at Shents Automotive at Wyong, who did away with the need for the levelling spacers and airbags by fitting a DBOR Ultimate Touring kit, fitted with Synergy progressive rate coils and remote reservoir Fox shocks.

To say I was happy with the way it sat now, would be an understatement.

Fox remote reservoir shocks.

The original rims looked the part, but ran a little close to some of the new steering components, so I opted to fit a set of Pro Comp Xtreme rims which I picked up secondhand for a great price.

In between times I've had a few trips up into the Watagans to make sure all this new stuff works as it should, and it's past the test with flying colours.

On the last trip I took a bit of a bad line and ended up damaging the rear tailshaft, so Shents ordered two new Custom Drive Shafts from Tom Wood's for me, and had them here in less than a week. I went with a 1350 rear shaft and 1310 front shaft.

The old and the new rear shafts.

The Woodys.

Last edited by Bundy1; 22-04-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 30-11-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default Building of "Bundy"

Great build. Love the look of your truck. Just wondering how hard is it to remove the gobi rack when u don't want it on. I see some of your pics in the watagans u haven't got it on. Is it a fairly easy job to remove and put on for the bigger trips. I love the look of them but the wife doesn't so the only way I could convince her is if it's easily removable so the car can be her daily driver still.
Old 30-11-2013
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggsy View Post
Great build. Love the look of your truck. Just wondering how hard is it to remove the gobi rack when u don't want it on. I see some of your pics in the watagans u haven't got it on. Is it a fairly easy job to remove and put on for the bigger trips. I love the look of them but the wife doesn't so the only way I could convince her is if it's easily removable so the car can be her daily driver still.
Thanks.

Removing the rack doesn't take long, but it does take a few people (it's heavy and awkward). All the family has to help out to take the main part off. If you could tie it up to the ceiling in the garage/shed, it wouldn't be too bad. Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to take mine off again if required.
Old 30-11-2013
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default Building of "Bundy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy1 View Post
Thanks.

Removing the rack doesn't take long, but it does take a few people (it's heavy and awkward). All the family has to help out to take the main part off. If you could tie it up to the ceiling in the garage/shed, it wouldn't be too bad. Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to take mine off again if required.
Thanks mate
Old 30-11-2013
Sideways Slammer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

It looks fantastic mate.
Thanks for sharing...